Chapter 5

Isla's POV

Harry let go of me and backed away as we realized that Niall had walked in on us.

My heart was beating fast and I was shaking. I looked at Niall with tears in my eyes. He looked like he was just punched in the stomach. He was definitely hurt.

He looked between us before he turned around and slammed the door. I heard him stomping down the stairs so I quickly got up and followed him.

“NIALL! WAIT!” I yelled. I saw him grabbing his sweater and heading for the front door. “Niall! Will you let me explain? It’s not what it looks like!” I tried grabbing his arm but he yanked it off and put his hand on the doorknob. 

“It’s exactly what it looks like,” he said angrily, giving me the dirtiest look. I saw everyone else come in and watching us.

“Niall! Please, let me explain,” I said, starting to cry.

“I don’t want to listen to you right now,” he said and with that he opened the door and walked out before slamming it in my face. 

I stood there frozen, breathing hard and fast, not knowing what to do. I could feel everyone’s eyes on my back. The tears kept rolling down my face and I started sobbing.

What have I done? I hurt the man that I love. I promised myself that I would never do that.

I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder but I shook it off and moved away.

I needed to get away. I don’t think I can stand talking to any of them or even looking at them. I need to get out of here. So, without looking at anyone, I grabbed my jacket and my car keys and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?!” I heard El say worriedly.

“I need some time alone, ok?” I said, still with my back to them as I put my jacket on.

“You shouldn’t be driving in this state, Isla? You might get hurt,” I heard Liam say. 

I took a deep breath and put my hand on the doorknob. “I’m already hurt,” I plainly say and with that I leave and get in my car, without looking back.

I start driving but soon my thoughts had taken over that I don’t know where I ended up. But I didn’t care, I just needed to get away. It looks like I’m on some side road and it’s empty.

I get a flashback of Niall’s face when he saw me and Harry kissing and then his face before he stormed out of the house. The hurt in his eyes, I never wanted to see that. It brought tears to my eyes again that I hurt him.

I loved him more than anything and I never want to lose him. I don’t know what I’d do if I did and that thought brings even more tears to my eyes and soon my vision is blurry from my tears. I know I should stop driving but the road was empty and I needed to get away.

I tried wiping the tears away, trying to clear my vision but when I opened my eyes again the first thing I saw was a pair of headlights coming straight towards me. 

I quickly tried turning the wheel to the left as much as it would go to try and dodge the cargo truck but it hit the back of my car which caused it to spin in circles before flipping multiple times into a ditch when it finally stopped upside down. 

The whole time my mind went blank. Glass shattered everywhere, cutting into my skin. Hitting my head everywhere while the car flipped over and over.

When it stopped I was upside down and I couldn’t move or speak. I felt blood dripping down my head and I started getting dizzy. Everything was a blur.