Chapter 46

Isla’s POV

“Isla, I am so, so, so, so sorry!” 

“Liam, for the millionth time, it’s not your fault.”

“Yes, it is! If I hadn’t made you go up there and sing in front of everyone, you wouldn’t have passed out. Oh god, I’m so so--” 

I placed my hand on top of his mouth, silencing him. He was starting to get belligerent.

“Liam, listen to me very carefully,” I said slowly, keeping my hand on top of his mouth to make sure he understood every word. “I didn’t pass out because of the dare, okay? Please stop blaming yourself.”

I raised my eyebrows at him and waited for an answer. Since my hand was still placed on his mouth, he just nodded in reply. 

“Good, now I’m going to take my hand off of your mouth. If you try and apologize again, I’m going to tape your mouth shut for the rest of the night.” He nodded once again.

I slowly took my hand off, watching him carefully. When he stayed silent, I took a breath of relief. Him and Zayn had been apologizing to me the whole ride home from the restaurant. Zayn stopped once I threatened to mess up his hair but Liam was being persistent. 

What’s worse is that everyone was babying me once we got back to Louis and El’s place. They would help me when I walked and when I would sit down. They would get me drinks and snacks even though I didn’t ask for anything. It was starting to get on my nerves.

I looked around at everyone in the living room, all of them looking at me carefully, like I was going to die or something. 

“Guys, will you please stop worrying about me? I swear, I’m fine.”

“Why did you pass out, though?” Harry asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know, maybe I was dehydrated or something.”

I don’t know why I couldn’t just tell them that I passed out because of the memory that I remembered. Maybe it was because I was worried that they would think that something was wrong with my brain since I pass out when I get certain memories back. 

“Maybe you should go see the doctor,” Niall said, answering my thoughts. 

“I don’t need to see the doctor, I’m fine.” 

“Isla,” Niall said. “There could be something wrong.”

“There isn’t!” I snapped, shocked looks appearing on everyone’s faces. I was starting to get annoyed. 

I don’t know why I was being so stubborn. Maybe there was something wrong. I mean, I didn’t pass out last time I got a memory back.

“Isla, we just want to make sure that everything’s okay,” El said softly.

Guilt washed through me as I looked down at my hands on my lap. I thought it over in my head carefully, thinking about the risks of what actually happened to me. I didn’t want to worry about it and, more importantly, I didn’t want everyone else to worry about it, either. 

I took a deep breath.

“Fine, I’ll go.”

Relief washed through their faces and they started to stand up.

“Uh, what are you guys doing?” I asked, shooting up from the couch. 

“I thought you said you agreed to go to the hospital,” Liam said, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion. 

“Yes, so I am going to go to the hospital. You guys don’t need to go with me.” 

“Take one of us at least,” El said.