Chapter 15

Niall’s POV

I took a deep breath and opened the door. I looked into the room and saw Isla on the bed. She looked up at me and smiled. Just seeing her awake and smiling overwhelmed me with happiness, I couldn’t help but smile broadly.

“Isla,” I said, my voice shaky. I closed the door behind me and walked up to Isla’s bed.

“Ni,” she said, “so happy you’re here.” She stuck out her hand at me and I help it. It took me every ounce of my self-control to not hold her in my arms and kiss her; she was finally awake, I should be. I was scared out of my mind that she wouldn’t wake up. 

A bit after her and Harry started going out, we had started getting closer, as friends. We would hang out when Harry had interviews or meetings, we would go to movies, eat at Nando’s, and do random things together. Everyone was okay with it, even Harry, because everyone knew that Harry and Isla loved each other and would spend as much time together. But whenever it was just me and Isla, we were inseparable. And right now, that’s how Isla remembers us: just friends. But I’d take that over having her in a coma again. 

I started having feelings for her that night at Danielle’s party but I knew that Harry really liked her and I didn’t let myself get in the way. I knew that she liked Harry, too, so I didn’t let anyone know that I that I had feelings for her. As we grew closer, yes, I started seeing her as more of a friend but I could never let the feelings go away.

All of those memories and the emotions I’m feeling right now made my eyes build up with tears. I couldn’t help it and I didn’t want her to see me like this.

“Aw, Ni, don’t cry,” she said, a sad expression on her face, “I’m okay now. You don’t need to worry anymore.”

“I know,” I said, my voice breaking occasionally, “I was just worried that you wouldn’t wake up. It scared me like hell.” 

“But I’m awake now,” she said soothingly, “please don’t cry, you know I don’t like seeing you cry.”

I laughed and said, “yeah, I know you don’t.”

~Flashback~

“Niall?” I heard Isla call from outside my bedroom door. I know that I wouldn’t be able to hide that fact the I was crying so I called her in.

Once she saw me, she quickly walked up to me and sat down, putting her arms around me. 

“What happened?” she asked worriedly.

“Nothing,” I said. 

“It’s not nothing, Niall. What is it?”

It’s not that big of a deal,” I replied. 

“Niall. Tell me now or I’ll be mad at you forever. Well, not forever. But for the rest of the day.”

I chuckled slightly and sniffled. “Alright. It’s just…I read some rude tweets about me and…it made me upset. They were saying that I shouldn’t be in the band, that I’m a horrible singer and other things.”

“Aw, Niall,” she said, she starting rubbing my back. “Don't let those things get to you. You have millions of fans that love you for who you are. You are amazing, you’re an amazing singer and you are a part of One Direction as much as anyone in the band is. One Direction wouldn’t be One Direction without you. Don’t let a couple of stupid pricks make you think otherwise. Those people are either just wanting attention and have nothing better to do with their lives or it’s that stupid twit PlasticBieber.”