Chapter 29

Harry’s POV

I was waiting for Niall in my living room getting more anxious every second. I had texted him saying I needed to talk to him. I needed to talk to someone about the dream I had last night and Niall seemed like the right person to talk to. I’ve had other dreams about Isla but this one was different. I can’t shake the feeling that it meant something. It seemed so real and when I woke up from the dream I had a bad feeling inside of me. I could be going crazy but I can’t get it out of my head. Isla’s frightened face in my dream was burnt into my mind and I couldn’t make it go away.

Now, my anxiety was getting worse just thinking about it. I closed my eyed, trying to clear my head and taking deep breaths. I calmed down just in time to hear a knock on my door. I quickly got up and headed for the door. I opened it and saw a worried Niall staring back at me. 

“Hey, come in,” I said, stepping to the side to let him through. He walked in and went to take a seat in the living room. His attention was caught by the TV that I kept on but wasn’t paying attention to. But once I sat down beside him, his attention from the TV broke and he sat down and focused his attention on me.

“So, what’d you want to talk about?” he asked. 

I avoided his gaze as my anxiety started to creep up. I took a few deep, quiet breaths before I finally looked at him.

“I had another dream about Isla,” I spoke. 

He opened his mouth to say something but I quickly interrupted him. 

“I know I’ve told you about the other dreams I’ve had about her since she left but…” I started to explain, my heartbeat started to go faster, “…I feel like the one I had last night…meant something.” 

I observed his expression the whole time I was talking. It went from blank to shock to confusion.

“What happened in the dream?” he asked quietly.

I cleared my throat as I tried to recall the beginning of the dream.

“Well, at the beginning, I was standing at the top of the altar at a church and I saw Isla walking down in a wedding dress. I thought she was walking up to me but there was another man there who she walked up to, I didn’t know who it was. And I saw you and the rest of the boys sitting in the crowd but you couldn’t see or hear me. I walked up to Isla and I touched her arm. She was the only one that could see me and…” I paused as I felt pain in my heart remembering what had happened next. I felt Niall put his hand on my shoulder. 

“It’s okay, take your time,” he said, I looked up at him and saw pain written in his face, “I know what it’s like to dream about Isla and wake up and realize it wasn’t real and that in reality, I won’t be able to see her either.” 

I nodded as I tried to compose myself.

I took a deep breath and continued.

“I told her I missed her and…I told her to come back. But she said no. She said that I meant nothing to her and that she…she doesn’t love me anymore,” my heart ached at every word I said. I had left out the part where she said that Niall loved her more than I did. I didn’t want him to feel bad about it.

I felt tears build in my eyes.

“Hey,” Niall said, “you know that’s not true. Don’t you ever think that.”

I sniffled as a tear escaped. “I know. That’s not the part of the dream that I was talking about though.”

I saw Niall tense up as he looked at me.

“What do you mean?”

“After that, everything around me blurred and my surroundings changed. I was lying down on the grass in my backyard at the same spot that me and Isla were the night before she left. I was alone at first and then I started to sing our song and suddenly Isla appeared beside me.” I froze as the most haunting part of my dream came into my mind.