Chapter 3

Isla's POV 

We drove to the meeting and we walked inside. I saw El in one of the rooms and went over to her.

“I’ll see you after the meeting,” I said, pulling on his hand and giving him a quick kiss, “I'll wait for you here with El.”

“Okay, babe, see you later” he said, walking down the hall before going into one of the other rooms.

I walked towards El and sat down beside her.

“Hey, how are you,” she said, once I sat down.

“Hey, good, you?” I said, picking up a magazine.

“Good” she replied, putting down the one she was reading, “so, I have something to tell you.”

I looked up from the magazine and looked at her. She had a serious face so I put down the magazine. “What is it?” I said, curiously.

“Okay, I’m not making this up and I’m sure I overheard correctly,” she started saying nervously. She was having a hard time looking at me in the eyes and she was fidgeting. Her mouth kept opening and closing but no words came out.

“What?!” I said, impatiently.

“Well, Harry stayed over at mine and Lou’s flat last night and I overheard them talking,” she said, looking at me this time, “and they were talking…about you.”

“What about me?” I said, confused. 

“Harry said that…he might…still…like you,” El said, she stopped and waited for me to say something but I just sat there, shocked. 

Harry and I broke up a year ago. I had broken up with him because I realized that we would be better off as friends and he seemed okay with it. We were good now. If what El just told me was true, then things will get awkward. Why would Harry all of a sudden start having feelings for me again?

It felt like I had been sitting there for half an hour, letting it all sink in what El had just told me before I snapped back to reality and I turned to her.

“Are you sure he said that?” I said, hoping that this was just a stupid joke. I closed my eyes, waiting for her answer.

“Yes, I’m sure because Lou asked him why he started liking you again,” El said, quietly.

“What did he say?” I asked her, reluctantly, not wanting to know the answer. 

“He said that he--“ she started to say before the boys came in and stopped our conversation. El gave me an apologetic look and mouthed “Later”. I gave her a small nod and turned around to face Niall, who had sat down on the couch beside me. 

“Miss me?” he said, putting his arm around my shoulders, smiling. 

“So much,” I said, smiling back. Then I had done what I had been dreading to do since the boys came in. I looked at Harry. He was looking at Niall and I and when he noticed that I was looking at him, he gave me a quick, small smile and looked away.

I definitely had to talk about this with him before it got any worse; I just had to wait for the right time.

We had decided to go to Nando’s for lunch so we all went into our cars and drove there. Once we got to Nando’s, Niall and Liam went to get everyone food and the rest of us went to sit down at a table.

“Hey you,” I heard Harry say as he sat down beside me.

“Hey,” I replied, giving him a small smile. I glanced at El and she was looking at us carefully. I also noticed that Lou was looking at us, too. How awkward is this? I turned back to Harry, who was still looking at me.