Chapter one

Authors Note: I realized at the very end of this book, after it was published that I was spelling Kaoru's name incorrectly, I had been spelling it Kourou, for some reason??? I even spelled it right in this chapter the first time but apparently began to misspell it after that. This is just another Conny/Connie incident all over again. I've always struggled figuring out how to spell names I've only ever heard, so I will be editing chapters going forward. if you notice any other mistakes like that, PLEASE point them out to me so I can fix them. thank you, and hope you enjoy :) 

Kyoya Ootori. a second year student at Ouran Acadamy, and youngest son of the Ootori family. His areas of expertise range from top grades in his class, positions held at the student council, to being a talented artist and musician. These things were known of him. A list of attributes listed off inside people's heads when they heard his name, and assessed his worth. These things, were expected of him. However, the thing that was not expected, was his place as vice president of the Host Club. 

Yet, here he sat, attempting to brainstorm ways of bringing in even more revenue and exposure to the club. What else was there to be done? There wasn't any good in bringing in a new host, Renge insisted every archetype was present and accounted for, and adding any more would simply be repetitive. 

Kyoya gripped at the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Tamaki's cosplay ideas and kotatsu services were all well and good for the guests that already attended the club regularly, but word of mouth wasn't cutting it anymore. Everyone in the school knew of the host club, so getting the word out any more would simply be a wasted effort. 

The other club members put their heads together in an attempt to help come up with ideas, but so far there had been nothing of any substance. Renge had one idea, involving some type of sandwich board but it was quickly shot down. The issue was, with Tamaki's expensive and wild ideas and the regularity of host club expenses, the budget was getting tight. If there weren't more guests to promote things like auction items to, the club would quickly run out of the funds needed to continue the way it had been. 

Kyoya didn't like being in a situation where money was tight. he'd never experienced it before, and quickly decided he didn't care for it. He had always had everything under control, and that would not stop now.

"Remind me why we don't bring in another host?" Haruhi raised a hand, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. 

"I don't believe introducing a new host will do anything but raise expenses even higher. It won't bring in more customers, and as we discussed previously it wouldn't add any variety."

"but why don't we do something different, like a female host? I'm sure if girls would come in to see you guys, then the opposite would be true right? We could pull from a whole new demographic." Haruhi explained.

"Then who do you suggest we bring in Haruhi? Any ideas?" The twins asked in unison, as always. 

"I didn't have anyone specific, but there is a girl who I see talking to Mori-senpai pretty often. She might be good for it. I think her name was L/N? Is she in your year Mori-senpai?" 

The tall boy shook his head no.

"Y/N-chan in in Kyo-chan and Tama-chan's class. She doesn't really have many friends other than me and Takashi, though she is really popular with the boys in almost every year!" Honey interjected. 

"How did the two of you become friends?" Tamaki inquired, his interest becoming piqued at the mention of someone in his class he didn't know. the name L/N rang some faint bell in the back of his head, but he had no face to match with it. 

"Takashi and Y/N-chan have been friends since primary school. Her family and theirs have done business for a long time, and their families are both friends." Honey explained.