Chapter seven

Y/N looked out across the surface of the water. Cool, gentle waves lapped against her calves. The breeze was warm, but not quite the sweltering heat of summer. Salty air filled her nose.

A few feet away, a group of boys lingered. "Doesn't she look pretty?" "it's like nature bends to her will." "I wish she was my wife." the group whispered and chattered, most too afraid to go up to her and ruin the peace.

One boy, however, was brave enough. "You like the beach don't you Y/N?" Isogai went to stand next to her.

"I love it, more than anything." she said wistfully. Then they turned to face the blond boy, giving him her practiced, perfect smile. "Other than hanging out with you boys of course."

The guests swooned, all trying to one up each other in a contest to win her attention. Y/N just watched them argue with each other with a small smile on her face, deciding to get out of the water as her feet were now cold.

The girl wandered around the beach, looking at what the other club members were doing. Eventually she stumbled across Haruhi, who was sitting on a mat unable to go in the water due to the fact it would reveal her identity as a girl.

"Sorry Kyoya brought the guests along with us. It must be pretty boring not being able to swim." Y/N sympathized with Haruhi, sitting down next to the younger girl.

"Arnt you cold with just a swimsuit on?" Haruhi asked Y/N, noticing she was still in only a swimsuit. "It's not very hot."

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired is all."

Haruhi pulled off the sweater she wore, handing it to Y/N. "here, you should wear it. I was getting pretty warm anyway. This way you can take a nap." Haruhi smiled, that gorgeous natural smile. How was it so easy for her to smile? How did it look so perfect without even trying? Life truly was unfair.

"Thanks Haruhi." Y/N gratefully accepted the gift, slipping it on over her swimsuit. She tried her hardest not to hold anything against Haruhi. Not to be jealous, and not to lash out because of her own insecurities. After all, Haruhi was such an angel.

Y/N found herself leaning on Haruhi, her head on the younger girl's shoulder, eyes closed. She enjoyed the peace of Haruhi's presence. The sound of the waves crashing, it was calming.

Little did the pair know their guests were observing from a far.

"Haruhi and Y/N look so cute together!" one of the girls squealed.

"They should totally date, they are perfect together don't you think?" another giggled.

"Hey boss, do you hear this?" The twins looked over at Tamaki, who was too absorbed in a daydream (likely about Y/N bringing out Haruhi's feminine side) to notice the things being said about the couple.

"Huh? Hear what?" Tamaki snapped back into reality.

"It seems our guests are now 'shipping.' Y/N with Haruhi. This may even branch out into her being paired with other members of the club as well." Kyoya observed.

"Man, I wish I was Haruhi." One of the boys muttered, gazing longingly at the pair.

"Me too, lucky guy. You don't think they're dating do you?"

"I think Y/N would look much cuter with someone like Mori-senpai dont you think?" one of the girls said, picturing what the pair would look like as a couple.

"Mommy?" Tamaki turned to Kyoya. "You have to stop this! What if a rumor spreads that Y/N and Haruhi are dating!"

"I don't see how that would be any of our business." Kyoya simply shrugged, though the idea of that kind of rumor circulating did bother him.how stange, it shoudnt have. After a,ll it would possibly be better for sales, and he could care less about Haruhi being paired off with other members. But something about the idea of Y/N being thought of as a couple with someone else bothered him. "In fact it's possible this might even help business."

"No! Honey-senpai, quickly get Haruhi away from Y/N before anyone else gets any ideas!" Tamaki insisted.

"Hey Haru-chan!" Honey-senpai ran over to drag Haruhi away from Y/N, who was vaguely annoyed at having her peacefulness disturbed.

Honey and Haruhi left to go shellfish hunting, leaving Y/N to wander back around to where the rest of the group was. "Haruhi was a very comfortable pillow which you guy's happened to take away from me." Y/N pouted.

"I'll be your pillow Y/N!'' Several guy's volunteered, but Y/N just laughed them off playfully. Mori then scooped up Y/N, giving her a piggyback ride so she wouldn't have to walk.

"Thanks Mori." Y/N patted his head, leaning her head against his neck, allowing herself to relax in his hold.

"So, you decided to wear a cover up then? Did my words at the aqua gardens get through to you?" Kyoya asked Y/N.

"Haruhi gave it to me, she said she was overheating anyway and I was tired. Besides, this is different. Why are you jealous that I took her advice and not yours?" Y/N retorted with a teasing smile.

Kyoya gave no response, a commotion was heard near Haruhi's group with the three of you rushing over to see. To Y/N's disappointment it was just a centipede that Haruhi had easily dispatched by throwing it over a rock.

"Hey Haruhi.'' The twins walked over to Haruhi, each placing an elbow on the shorter girl's shoulders. "Now I know most girls aren't the bug-loving type and I certainly didn't think you were," Hikaru started.

"But don't you think you could have been easier on that little guy?" Kaoru finished.

"It would take more than that to kill a centipede." Y/N said lazily, still on Mori's back.

The girls crowded around Haruhi, admiring her bravery and manliness. This caused the twins to rope Tamaki into yet another one of their games. This time it was apparently some kind of game where they tried to discover her greatest fear.

"And hey, let's include Y/N too just for the hell of it. After all, as far as i know she isn't scared of anything.'' The twins cast a shady side eye over the girl, who was slipping down off Mori's back to listen more carefully into the conversation.

"Me? I thought this was about Haruhi, why did you have to drag me into it?" she complained, allowing herself to be a little more true to her personality when the guests weren't around.

"And I have the perfect prize for the games winner." Kyoya said, pushing up his glasses and brandishing a handful of photos.

The pictures were revealed as photo's of Haruhi in middle school, along with several photos of Y/N in various cosplays. First was a picture of Y/N was her wearing a bunny costume, she had worn on a bet for halloween last year. The second photo was of her in a cutie claus outfit, for a charity event she attended last winter. the final photo was her in a costume once worn by a popular idol.

The boy's stopped in their tracks from a mere glance at the photos. Now their incentive to win was at an all time high.

"I wanna play too!" Honey-senpai laughed.

"I guess that means we're all competing."

"Kyoya! Where the hell did you find those pictures?" Y/N asked, trying to grab them from Kyoya who was holding them above his head to keep them away from you and Tamaki.

"Let's just say I have my sources and leave it at that for a moment." Kyoya smiled as if what he had just said wasn't incredibly shady.

"You pervert!" Y/N continued to yell, trying to grasp the photos from Kyoya. Their bodies were now very close, however the male was still holding the photos farther away then Y/N could reach, moving them whenever she even got close.

"Pervert?" Kyoya asked, shocked. Out of all the things he had been called, pervert was never among them.

"I'll get you back for this, just you wait." Y/N finally decided that she wasn't going to win back her photos, and instead settled for not allowing anyone in the host club to find out what she was afraid of. After all, if nobody won the game they couldn't win her photos.