Chapter thirty-six

Kyoya's long swift strides allowed him to catch up to Y/N and Leon in a matter of moments. Leon noticed his presence first, elbowing his best friend in the ribs to get her attention. "I'll leave you and loverboy to it. Call me!" he patted Y/N on the shoulder, despite her shrugging it off, and walked away.

"Did you need something Kyoya?" Y/N asked, wondering what it was that Kyoya could be coming to talk to her for.

"Only your company, if you would have mine." Kyoya replied, his hand slipping with ease into Y/N's. Typically Kyoya wouldn't have considered himself the type of man to enjoy public displays of affection, but a small kiss now and then, as well as the need to constantly touch her felt quite a bit nicer than he'd anticipated. He also liked the thought that it might scare away others trying to worm their ways into Y/N's life.

"I suppose I can do that. I'll have to call my driver and tell him not to pick me up here though." Y/N pulled out her cell phone and called her driver. Kyoya's hand moved from her hand to her waist, pulling her close as they walked. She said nothing, only continuing to talk to her driver before hanging up the phone.

"Kyoya." she warned lowly. "Someone will see."

"And?"

"And I think seeing two members of the host club in such close proximity would rather ruin the whole point for our guests don't you agree?"

"I see your point. But the halls are empty, if i hear anyone coming I'll let you go how about that?" he leaned down, pressing a kiss to the crown on Y/N's head. Y/N became an absolute mess when he gave her small acts of affection like that, leaving her without any semblance of a proper reply.

Kyoya's room was clean, as usual, and the table in his room was plenty large enough for both of you to work at. You liked being with Kyoya while he worked. It was calm, the both of yo each doing your own things but still just being in each others company. Kyoya had a tendency of running his hands through his hair when he was getting frustrated with a particular piece of work, a habit that you picked up on rather quickly after many afternoons spent working with him. Before you would usually take a break to make him some tea or give him food to help with the hypotension. But now she usually ended up just giving him a loving kiss on the temple before gently sweeping his hair back into place. It was a simple gesture but it worked to lighten Kyoya's mood every time.

Something was still nagging in the back on Y/N's mind however. The closer she got with Kyoya the more it bothered her. What would happen if their relationship became final? What would her father have to say about the situation, or worse yet, what would his father have to say about it? After all, you were just the insignificant L/N girl. she could never dream of living up to the expectations that the head of the Ootori family was bound to have set for someone involved with his son.

Her thoughts spiraled further and further, causing anxiety to bubble in her throat and chest. Was she even worthy to be by Kyoya's side? After everything he worked for, was it fair for her to claim him as hers when she'd done nothing compared to him? When she would never amount to anything? And how was it that she could be with him, be enough for him, when she'd never been enough for anybody before?

"Y/N?" Kyoya asked, pausing his work. He noticed the dark look that crossed Y/N's face. The same one she had whenever her thoughts were turning overing her mind faster then they should. He hoped she wasn't having doubts about him. He knew, it seemed in his very being, that she was who he wanted to be with in this moment. If she was having doubts it would turn his whole plan upside down. He would reassure her hundreds, thousands, or millions of times, if it meant she would have the strength to be by his side. Even if he felt unworthy of her, it would hurt even more to be without her.

She glanced up at him, putting down the calculator she was using. "Huh? Oh, I'm sorry, I was spacing out."

Kyoya hesitated, if she turned him down now he wasn't sure if he could recover. He'd have to convince her that every uncertainty she had about him, about their relationship was something he would work hard to fix. Whatever it took, he would gladly do if it meant she would stand by his side. "I think we might have reached a place in our relationship where I'd like to discuss the specific parameters."

"Parameters?" Y/N repeated. "I'm not quite sure what you mean."

"The definition of our relationship I suppose. We've outlined that we both have feelings for each other, and we've gone on one rather successful date. Then there's the matter of how physically affectionate you and I have both been with each other. Yet it was never clearly discussed what our relationship is."

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" Y/N asked. Despite the fact she'd been in one relationship previously, this entire system was still somewhat new to her. In the past her relationship was forced, the expectation or "parameters" and Kyoya put it, had been outlined from the get go. And besides that, she never had feelings for Makino. At one time she thought she did, but looking back, especially after everything she'd been through with Kyoya, it was easy to realize she was simply gaslighting herself into believing she liked him.

Kyoya considered for a moment. "Yes, I am. Would you like to call yourself my girlfriend? I think it suits you." he teased lightly.

"Are you sure Kyoya? You've thought this through, one hundred percent? Out of everyone you could have picked you're sure it's me you want to call your girlfriend?" Y/N asked, making sure to give him an opportunity to back out. It would be much less humiliating for everyone if he did it now rather than later, not that Kyoya was prepared to ever back out of a relationship with her.

Kyoya cupped her face in his hands once again, an action he was getting rather fond of. "I would do anything for you Y/N. I'd buy you all of Japan if it would make you happy. I want nothing more than to stay with you, only as long as you'll have me."

"Then yes Kyoya. I'll be your girlfriend." Y/N nodded, reaching out to put her hand on the back of his head, moving forward to kiss him. "Tamaki's going to lose his mind when he hears about us." Y/N giggled into Kyoya's mouth, making him roll his eyes in response.