Chapter twenty

"Well he's certainly upset with us." Hikaru observed the club's president sitting sadly in a corner, pouting and rolling a ball with his finger.

"Yeah, he hasn't even changed clothes." Kaoru continued.

"I hate it when he ignores us when we're right in front of us." Kyoya folded his arms, like a wife dealing with her petty husband.

"He's such a child." Y/N added. "Honestly, can't he get over it already?"

"Nah, Tama-chans just a lonely guy y'know?" Honey interjected, still not even bothering to look up from where he sat eating cake with Mori.

"A club is like a family, and their family's about to break up. I feel sorry for them." Tamaki muttered.

"A club is not a family Tamaki, especially not a club like theirs. The newspaper club deserves to be abolished, they write nothing but trash and lies. Akira is just trying to manipulate you into helping him spread even more. What's worse is your playing right into it!" Y/N fumed at Tamaki.

"I hate to give in, but would it really be that bad to help them out?" Haruhi asked Kyoya, looking up at the taller male.

"Yes!" Y/N reiterated.

"Since when are you taking his side?" the twins asked Haruhi.

"Since never. Just listen ok? I know that any second now he's gonna look over here with those puppy dog eyes he uses when he wants something and none of us are gonna be able to say no and so he'll win." Haurhi told them.

"Let me guess, you're speaking from experience right?"

"Besides, isn't this the kind of thing you guys usually go for?"

"Well, no. This seems like more trouble than it's worth." the twins shrugged their shoulders as if that was obvious.

"What about you Honey-senpai?" Haruhi turned over to the older blond boy.

"Count me out, I have this cake to eat and Takashi sticks with me and Y/N-chan right?"

Mori nodded once. Tamaki looked over at the group pleadingly. His puppy dog eyes gradually worked their magic until Y/N and Kyoya were the only ones left standing. However, Kyoya was the first to cave.

"There will be some conditions." the dark haired boy sighed, pushing up his glasses.

"Kyoya!" Y/N turned to him in shock, throwing up her hands in exasperation "You can't be serious!"

"The outline for their article will be submitted by us. Interviews are strictly prohibited. And it is vital that our clients' identities be kept confidential. Also Y/N is not allowed to be mentioned in this article in any way." Kyoya listed his conditions to Tamaki.

"How come Y/N-senpai isn't allowed to be in there?" Haruhi asked.

"Because I say so, how about we leave it at that?" Kyoya responded smoothly. Y/N gave him a thankful smile.

"Well, if Kyoya-senpai thinks it's cool then we do too." The twins agreed.

"I'll do it since Kyo-chan says it's ok." Honey smiled happily, still munching away greedily at the cake.

Y/N admired how Kyoya was the one who really got the group to agree to the idea, even if it was a stupid one. But she also knew Kyoya likely had a plan to make sure the newspaper club was being transparent. Kyoya always had a plan, that's part of what made him Kyoya.

The host club were all getting ready to leave for the day, but Y/N decided to stay behind for a moment to talk to Kyoya. "You have a plan don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not stupid enough to go into this blindly, even with the conditions you set. You know how the newspaper club is." Y/N folded her arms.

"I was just about to stop by there now actually. If they try anything shady I'll have a handle on it, don't worry Y/N." Kyoya reassured her.

"Thank you Kyoya, for not letting them write about me."

"You seem to have been a target for them enough already, I don't see why they should need to write any more about you."

Y/N thought back to some of the things the newspaper club had printed about her in the past. They got a hold of a rumor spreading around the school. People were saying she was an illegitimate child, and that her mother cheated on her father with a commoner, and that's why she looked so little like her brothers. Once it was printed in the club newspaper the rumor grew tenfold. There were others as well. Rumors that she and Leon were secretly engaged, or rumors that Y/N's family was going bankrupt so she was trying to latch onto any rich boy at the school to marry. There were so many like that, eventually Y/N burst into the clubroom herself. She told the club that if they didn't stop printing about her she would make sure their lives at school became a personal hell. She informed them that if she reported the newspaper to the headmaster she could get them expelled or even sued for defamation of character. They stopped after that, and whenever a member of the newspaper club saw her they ran away like frightened dogs.

"You never... believed any of that stuff right Kyoya? Because it was all lies. All of it, I swear on my life."

"I don't believe everything I read, especially not when it comes from a source known for its lack of truth." Kyoya responded, still gathering up some of his papers and notebooks. "However, I am curious. They seemed so intent on writing about you, how did you get them to stop?"

Y/N laughed, vaguely remembering the looks on the newspaper club's faces when she threatened them so effectively. She was sure they didn't think someone like her would lash back in such a way. "I threatened to get them expelled if they didn't stop. I said i'd sue them for defamation, and made a promise that I could wreak havoc on their lives personally, after all I have access to a much larger personal police force than any of their families. what's the point in having them if you don't use them right?"

"Would you really have any way of ensuring they got expelled?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I suppose you'll never know since they stopped printing about me." Y/N shrugged playfully. Both her and Kyoya knew that she could have done exactly what she said she would have. Y/N had connections in places both high and low, and would use them to her advantage if need be. Kyoya hadn't really thought she was that kind of person, but finding out she was made her all the more intriguing to him.