Chapter nineteen

"Really, we are terribly sorry about that" Tamaki bowed apologetically. After a game in the courtyard went a little too far the end result was the president of the newspaper club getting hit upside the head. Y/N didn't particularly care, and somewhat felt like it was karma for posing such heinous lies in the newspaper but she kept her mouth shut.

"Dont worry it's no big deal. Could have happened to anyone right? Just a ball flying through a window and hitting me upside the head." the newpaper club's head replied, his companion icing the wound.

"Please accept our apology."

"Well this works out perfectly. I was just thinking about approaching the host club about a cover story. I don't suppose you'd be interested?"

"I didn't know we had a newspaper club." Haruhi pointed out. Poor girl, there was an awful lot she didn't know about this school. In a place like Ouran it's not book academics that will get you far, but rather social knowledge.

"That's because nobody reads it." Y/N said bluntly. "It's become so full of blatant lies that nobody even picks it up anymore."

"It's more of a gossip rag than newspaper." Hikaru held up a copy.

"Yeah, like a trashy tabloid." Kaoru confirmed.

"It's filled with stuff like sordid love affairs, family power struggles and junk like that. All it does is try to stir up scandal. Plus everyone knows it's all lies." Y/N continued the assault on the credibility of the newspaper. She herself had been featured in it's pages on more than one occasion, so she had a personal problem with the club, and felt no shame in tearing their reputation apart.

"You know I guess we have kind of lost sight of the truth because we've been so worried about drawing in more readers." the boy with mousy brown hair confirmed. "It's a shame we are just now realizing our error, now that the paper is at risk."

"Perhaps you should have tried to actually run a real newspaper, instead of wasting your efforts as well as the paper you print on." Y/N spat. She hated the newspaper club, and the more she thought about them the worse her anger got.

The president of the club, Akira Komatsuzawa, was just the kind of person who annoyed Y/N to the fullest degree. The kind of person who wanted meaningless power, who were uncreative and unoriginal in their attempts at power, and who cared nothing for those who's reputations they destroyed through their blind, pointless lies. She wasn't willing to go easy on him because his club was failing either. That was due to his own stupidity, and attempting to come to the host club to help him was an obvious ploy that nobody, bar Tamaki, would believe.

"We finally realize what we should have been reporting to the students of Ouran." all three members of the newspaper club stood and bowed. "Help us please. For our last issue of the semester we'd like to do an up close special edition, revealing the charm of Ouran's host club members. I'm begging you, without your help our club will close."

Tamaki opened his mouth and began to speak confidently. "You can count on us. On behalf of the host club I-"

The blond president was cut off by both Kyoya and Y/N shoving him aside and covering his mouth. "I'm afraid we have to decline." they said in perfect unison, surprising even themselves, typically the twins were the only ones who could sync their speech so perfectly.

"But Kyoya he got hurt because of me! What's the big deal!" Tamaki continued to rant in the background, but Kyoya's calm voice sternly talked over him.

"Sorry, we have a policy prohibiting us from sharing any personal information with anyone other than our guests. But we'd be more than happy to pay any medical expenses related to your injury."

"Besides, no offense, but if our club does any sort of interaction with yours it brings down our reputation as well." Y/N smiled, making it seem as though she didn't just bash their entire club.

"Y/N is right. What makes you think we would want to help you spread more rumors and gossip? We've got a reputation to uphold and you'd just ruin it." Kaoru added.

"Besides, you guys cause a lot of trouble for other people. Including people like Y/N. who'd wanna get mixed up in that?" Hikaru finished. it was sometimes astonishing ho wlittle self awareness the twins possessed, but since it was for her sake Y/N let it slide.

"I understand. I guess you cant really erase the sins of the past can you?" Akira lowered his head in despair. "People wont even give you the oppurtunity to try and redeem yourself."

Y/N rolled her eyes. Especially not when your penance is fake. She thought, but kept it to herself. Akira let out a groan, complaining about his head injury. He whined, and overexaggeratedley said he was fine before yelping out in pain again. The entire club stood there watching this go down, unamused expressions on their faces.

Tamaki being Tamaki, fell for the whole thing hook line and sinker. He told the newspaper club how he would rally the power of the host club, and reastablish the newspaper club. The rest of the club however, didn't fall for Akira's stunt. They all left the room, but Tamaki interrupted.

"Hold it right there! How could you be so heartless? These men are about to lose their club, dont you feel sorry for them?" Tamaki started, and everyone could see he was gearing up for a speech.

"Not particularly, no." Y/N interjected, earning a glare from Akira.

"Their family's breaking up! As your president I demand you help them. And that is a direct order!"

"We said we're not going to do it!" Kyoya, the twins, and Y/N all harshly told Tamaki.

"Leave it alone Tamaki. You're only going to mess things up by involving yourself with a bunch of spineless idiots like the newspaper club." Y/N spat finally before leaving the room.