Chapter Thirty

Authors Note: we hit 1.4k??? I smiled like an absolute dork when I  saw that number on my screen let me tell you. thank you so much for reading this story and I hope you enjoy this chapter, actual plot happens yay! get ready for very on and off following of the actual show plot, there will be a couple dry chapters after this but then the interesting stuff happens again. sorry if Kyoya is a little OOC I tried but it seems a little off to me.

The club room was empty by now. It was a frequent occurrence for them to be the only ones left. They typically stayed late to complete extra work that needed to be done, and though neither said it, they enjoyed each other's company. It was only a couple of days after the host club had their run-in with Haruka, but it hadn't left Kyoya's mind. What else didn't he know?

Y/N was packing her things, organizing all her papers and preparing to leave for the day. She was about to call for her ride when Kyoya's voice stopped her. He sounded more hesitant than normal when he called her name. This worried Y/N.

She hummed in response, pausing what she was doing to look over at Kyoya. When she saw his face the anxiety in her chest grew even more. What kind of question could he have for her that would elicit the closest thing to a nervous expression she'd ever seen on Kyoya? It looked almost funny, as if his features were rejecting the expression he'd unknowingly arranged them into.

"Did you ever have a romantic interest in Leon?"

Y/N's phone clattered to the floor, slipping from her hand when she heard that question. Her body froze, brain short circuiting. of all the things she expected Kyoya to ask this was low on the list. "Excuse me?"

"I have never once heard you speak about your romantic past. Not with me, not with anyone in the club and not with Leon. I was unaware of your involvement with Makino until today, and I wonder how you're the only person who's able to hide information from me? Evidently the only way to find out is by asking you directly. So I'm asking you, did you ever have feelings for Leon beyond friendship?" Kyoya's voice was steady now, contradicting how he internally felt. Kyoya always got the information he wanted, it didn't matter who it was. If Kyoya wanted a piece of information he got it. No matter if it was someone's deepest secret they'd never told anyone, if he looked he could find it. Yet here was Y/N, completely able to escape him. It amazed him how truly capable she was, the only person who could do that. Y/N was the only person who could do many things, he found her utterly remarkable.

"I don't feel like it's any of your business Kyoya." Y/N told him firmly. "I don't understand why you care about my past."

"I believe I've made my feelings for you perfectly clear Y/N. '' Kyoya stood his ground. He wasn't going to back down on this. He wouldn't stop until it got through to her that he cared so deeply for her. It felt as though every second she didn't know the more weight was put on his chest. He wasn't going to back down until the weight was gone.

"Kyoya, stop it. We've been over this before."

"I don't understand why you can't just accept the fact that I have feelings for you. You told me on the ferris wheel that you felt the same didn't you? So why are you acting like this?"

"God Kyoya, you really don't get it do you?" Y/N's voice broke. She was trying so hard to keep herself together. She couldn't cry here, not in front of him. She balled her fists, trying to keep the tears from spilling out of her eyes, attempting to ward off the tightness in her throat. Why did he have to keep pushing it? Couldn't he see how much it hurt her?

"For someone so smart you really can't figure this out? I'm not- I'm not good enough for you Kyoya, why can't you see that? I have nothing to offer you. Nothing. I don't know what kind of delusional lies you've been telling yourself but you need to snap out of it! I wasn't even enough for my own father, so how the hell could I ever be enough for someone like you? You're perfect Kyoya, you're so smart, driven, creative and stunning. Your parents are some of the most successful people in all of Japan. I don't want to be the girl you pass your time with until you finally figure out what everyone else already knows, that I have nothing to give you. you deserve someone better, I could never hope to be enough for you Kyoya."

Kyoya felt as if all the air was sucked from the room. He couldn't breathe, he could barely stand, his heart dropped to his shoes in an instant. Was this truly how she felt? Was this how she saw herself? How she saw him? Who could have done this to her, made her feel this way about herself, to make her feel so worthless? He didn't understand why she didn't see herself the way he saw her. To him, Y/N was everything he wanted to be.

By now tears were falling silently down Y/N's face. She couldn't hold them back, talking made them fall from her eyes. She pulled up her sleeves, going to wipe her eyes. Her hands were caught by someone else's. Kyoya looked down at her, his hand gripping her wrist. A gentle hand reached up to wipe the tears off her cheeks with his thumb.

"How are you so blind to how perfect you are?" he whispered, tucking a loose lock of hair behind Y/N's ear.

This only made the girl cry more, her body shaking as she tried to keep the sobs inside. "Why me? Out of all the perfect girls at this school, all the heiresses and princesses, why me Kyoya? What could you possibly see in me?" she choked. "I'm not even going to inherit a company."

"You saw right through me Y/N. Nobody has ever been able to see through my visade so quickly, but you did. What's more you knew who I truly was and still had the heart to tell me I was a good person. Nobody's ever said that to me before, not the way you said it. I could have hundreds of people tell me I'm the cruelest demon they've ever met, but if you stood there and told me I'm a good person I'd believe you. You're witty and you make everyone love your presence without even realizing. You try your hardest but never give yourself the credit your due." Kyoya promised Y/N, his arms sliding down to come around her waist. He felt her arms move up, wrapping themselves around his waist in return. Neither one moved from this position, Y/N cried quietly into his chest.

"You must have very low standards." Y/N laughed, finally breaking free from Kyoya's grasp to wipe her tears. She was still wrapping her head around the fact that Kyoya truly did have feelings for her. Kyoya merely bent down to deliver a quick kiss on Y/N's forehead, a simple action, but it made her heart skip a beat.

"On the contrary, I believe I have excellent taste."