chapter six

Today was supposed to be Y/N's last day at the host club. Her trial week was finished, and she was prepared to go back to her life as usual. In her time at the host club, she had not connected very well with the other members, barring Mori and Honey. Though she felt something akin to a friendly acquaintanceship with Kyoya, it wasn't worth staying in the club for.

Nakamura sat with Y/N, he was one of her regular guests, along with Hiroto. "So then you're leaving the host club?" Nakamura asked, disappointment evident on his face.

"I haven't made my final decision, but it's likely." Y/N confirmed, the small crowd of boys gathered around her table all sighing.

"But Y/N, if you leave does that mean they are going to replace you with a different hostess?" one of the boys; a first year student by the name of Gou Makoto, asked.

"I'm afraid I don't know, but if i am replaced, then you boys don't have to be sad right? Because then you'll have a new host to talk to."

"It's not the same..." Hiroto mumbled.

"Aww, are you going to miss me Hiroto?" Y/N gave him a soft smile, placing her hand on top of his. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see each other around."

She then turned to address all the boys, her hands still clasped over Hiroto's. "I'm going to miss all of you, but I'm sure a different hostess will bring you just as much entertainment as I do."

By that time, it was almost the end of the day meaning the club's activities would be concluding soon. The guests filed out of the room, the boys (and even a few girls) gave her a sad goodbye as they left assuming this would be the last time they saw her.

"So Y/N, have you decided on whether or not you will continue on as a member of the host club?" Tamaki asks you.

"Yep, my answer is no. Thanks for the cake and sweets, but I'm gonna go now." the girl said, gathering up her things.

"I think you might want to reconsider that decision." Kyoya told her, the school handbook was open in front of him. "According to the handbook it's required for a student to participate in at least one during or after school club during the course of the school year. As far as I'm aware you are not a part of any clubs, except this one. If you quit now you would be in violation of school rules. Unless you joined another club, but the deadline for registry on almost every club has already passed."

"You're kidding me right?" Y/N said skeptically.

"Afraid not, see for yourself." Kyoya pointed to the section which outlines the rules for clubs.

"You're seriously going to report me if I don't stay in your club? Does this even really qualify as a legitimate club?"

"Of course it does." Tamaki huffed.

"Then where's your advisor?" Y/N turned to Kyoya, feeling as though she still had a shot at getting out of this.

"Nowhere in the handbook does it say a club needs an advisor." Kyhoya retorted.

"It's implied. And I'm sure if I brought this up with the headmaster he wouldn't be too pleased at the kind of activities that go on inside this club."

"Our club does nothing to go against school policy. And besides, if you brought this up with the headmaster that still wouldn't solve the problem of you never signing up for a club, meaning he would find out you never joined a club in direct violation of school policy."

"I guess I don't really have much of a choice then do I?" Y/N folded her arms, brain still whirring trying to come up with ways of getting out of this. "but I would like a title at very least. if I'm going to be a member of this club then i wont settle for it being anything less than the best it possibly can be." 

***

"The beach?" Haruhi asked the twins, who had brought up the subject of a beach trip.

"Yeah, didn't you say you wanted to go to Haruhi beach? Y/N wanted to go too."

"And here's the fun part," the twins showed Haruhi and Y/N the seemingly endless array of mannequins that displayed bathing suits. "We brought some swimsuits for you to choose from." Hikaru and Kaoru brought over a specific pink ruffled swimsuit to Haruhi so she could look at it. "Pretty cute right?"

"I think this swimsuit would look much cuter on Haru-chan." Honey held up a blue one piece.

The twins tisked at Honey-senpai, shaking their heads. "This uniform barely covers the fact Haruhi is flat as a cutting board. A one piece like that would only upset her because it draws attention to her lacking feminine physique. That's why we carefully selected this two piece suit. The ruffles help hide the fact she's so flat-chested."

Y/N unconsciously folded her arms to cover her own chest, wondering if the twins had done their own analysis on her body type. This action was not lost on the ever watchful Kyoya, who was truthfully wondering the same thing.

"You punks had better stop sexually harassing my little girl!" Tamaki yelled.

"So then, we're not going to the beach?" the twin's asked, hiding behind a table.

"Who said we're not going?" 

"Can Usa-chan come too?" Honey-senpai asked.

"I have no objection to that." Kyoya shrugged, "Y/N, you're coming too I presume?"

"If Y/N-senpai is going then we have to pick out a swimsuit for her too!" the twins shouted, grabbing Y/N to drag her over to the many many swimsuits. Again she was tasked with finding one to wear. She had returned the one she borrowed for the tropical aqua gardens, as she decided it didn't quite suit her tastes.

"Kyoya, why don't you help me pick a swimsuit." Y/N smiled innocently at the dark haired boy. "I'd like a guy's perspective on the subject."

"I don't particularly care one way or the other which one you choose. Im sure everyone will be pleased no matter which one you wear."

"How mean Kyoya. I thought you'd be more involved since you want me to bring in customers. You are bringing them on the trip after all, aren't you?"

"But of course, offering this kind of getaway for our guests is likely to draw in some much needed profit."

"Here, Y/N I think you'd look good in this one!" Honey pulled out a yellow swimsuit with a ruffled skirt bottom, and tube top with flowers on it.

"No thanks Honey-senpai, it's cute but it doesn't really suit my tastes." instead, Y/N chose a purple halter topped one piece. It was practically backless, and it was also high waisted. Y/N felt jealous that Haruhi would look cute no matter what kind of swimsuit she put on, so it felt like Y/N had to work extra hard to even be presentable around her. Y/N didn't want to feel this way, to look at a girl who was supposed to be a friend as competition. But from as far back as she remembered, in her house her only value was to be a pretty face. After all she was just a girl right? No need for there to be anything else.