Chapter twenty-two

"What are you doing for summer break?" Leon plopped himself into the seat next to Y/N, completely ignoring the other boys she was with. Upon seeing their glares he responded with "what? I know you were all gonna ask the same question anyways i'm just helping you."

"I'm not sure what I'm doing, why do you ask?" Y/N responded, giving apologetic glances to her other guests.

"We should go somewhere. Ooh we could go to Okinawa, or Hokkaido! I know you'd prefer not to leave Japan."

"Y/N, you should go to Bali with us!" Kaoru suggested, leaning over the back of the couch. "It would be so much fun with you and Haruhi there."

"Haruhi doesn't have a passport, so she couldn't go even if she wanted to. I appreciate the offer though, Bali sounds like fun." she told the younger boy, not mentioning the fact she didn't believe she had enough energy to keep up with the two of them full time.

"But Y/N-chan, Mori and I were going to invite you to go to Switzerland with us!" Honey cried. "Right Takashi?"

"Yeah." Mori nodded, agreeing with the smaller boy.

That offer sounded much more appealing to Y/N. Mori and Honey were already close friends of hers, and she had yet to visit switzerland. All the offers were overwhelming, Y/N felt bad she couldn't go with all of them. Though truthfully she hoped Kyoya would offer to go somewhere with her. She wasn't getting her hopes up, Kyoya wasn't the type to offer something like that, and they were not close enough for that anyways. But it didn't stop her from hoping he would at least ask.

Now the guests Y/N was hosting intervened as well, and the group was cast into a flurry of appealing invitations for how Y/N should spend her summer break. Truthfully all of the offers from the other club members and Leon sounded appealing.

"I haven't made concrete plans for summer yet, boys, though I really appreciate all of your invitations. Your so thoughtful for thinking of me." Y/N grinned at them. "Oh no look at that. It appears our time is up, I'm sorry to be leaving you, but the host club has some other business to attend to."

The guests filed out of the room, all saying their goodbyes to their hosts and promising they would visit again. Now it was only the host club and Leon left in the room. "What are you doing for summer break Haruhi?" Y/N asked her younger friend. The rest of the club was off doing who knows what, probably trying to figure out the best way of convincing Y/N or Haruhi to go with them on their summer trips.

"I'm going to work with one of my dad's friends in Karuizawa. She owns a bed and breakfast there. What about senpai?

"How adorable. I hope you have a fun vacation. I'm not sure what I'm doing. Originally I was planning to stay in Japan, maybe go away for a week or so. But I've gotten so many invitations now I'm not sure what to do."

"Well I don't mean to add to your options but you're welcome at Misuzu's pension anytime. It would be nice to have you there, even if I'm working."

"Thank you for the offer Haruhi. I'll consider it." Y/N thanked her friend for the offer before going to find the person who's summer plans she really cared about.

Kyoya was sitting at one of the tables in the club room trying to figure out the best way to gain more money for the club's budget over the summer. He heard footsteps coming closer to him, and looked up to see Y/N standing there glancing down at the papers in his hand. "Kyoya do you ever stop working?"

Kyoya didn't know what it was about the way she said his name, but something about it was just so perfect to him. He felt like he could listen to her talk all day long, even if it was about nothing. "But of course. Do you ever take a break from that hosting personality of yours?"

"Perhaps you'll find out." Y/N took a seat next to Kyoya, taking the calculator from him and beginning to crunch some of the numbers by herself. "Are you going anywhere this summer Kyoya?"

"I'm not entirely sure yet. I've been considering a trip to the southern tropics perhaps. What about you? Considered taking any trips?" Kyoya had been considering at length whether or not to ask Y/N to go on a trip with him somewhere, but he wasn't sure she would say yes. After all, she'd already gotten so many other offers, and he believed she didn't view him in a way that would make it fun for her to travel with him. Still, he wished he knew she would say yes. If he knew that it would be much easier to ask her to take a trip with him.

"I don't know. Honey, Mori, the twins and Leon all offered to take me with them on their trips. I don't think my family is planning on going anywhere. But if you end up taking a trip let me know. I'd love to help you figure out what to see while you're there."

"I'll be sure to let you know."

Y/N continued to scribble on the papers and add up the expenses. This was a normal job for her at this point. As host club secretary she handled events the club hosted as well as budgeting and scheduling. Sometimes the hosts even bugged her to help with things outside of the host club, though it was typical for her to refuse such requests.

"Y/N! You left me!" Leon whined, draping himself across his best friend in the most dramatic way he could manage. "Hikaru and Kaoru were trying to blackmail me into not taking you on a trip with me."

"Aww I'm sorry Leon that must have been very hard for you." Y/N consoled her friend, patting him on the head comfortingly.

***

Three days into summer vacation and Y/N was already getting a phone call from Tamaki. She was spending the night at Leon's house, the two of them ending up asleep on his couch. It wasn't that late into the morning before Y/N heard Tamaki's ringtone blaring through the speakers of her phone.

"What? What are you even saying Tamaki? Gypsies?" Y/N rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She was whispering slightly to ensure she didn't wake up Leon who was asleep on the couch next to her. Tamaki's yelling over the phone was even louder than her though.

"My precious Haruhi is missing! Gone, disappeared completely don't you understand?"

"Tamaki, Are you some kind of idiot?" Y/N growled unto the phone, less than pleased she'd been woken up for this.

"What do you mean Haruhi's gone?" Hikaru had clearly also just woken up, his voice sounded tired even through the phone.

"Huh? So Haru-chan is really missing?" Honey asked, concerned.

"And her family is bankrupt?" Now Mori's voice was on the phone.

Y/N stood up and left the room, clearly this wasn't going to be a short phone call and she felt bad waking Leon for Tamaki's idiocy.

"That's the only explanation! I've been trying to get through to her home phone and her fathers work for the past several days and no one will answer!" Tamaki cried. "They've been evicted and forced into indentured servitude! We have to rescue them!"

"Tamaki, will you stop yelling for god's sake?" Y/N complained. Tamaki's voice was not the thing she wanted to hear right when waking up. "Did you even think of calling her personal cell phone?"

"Cellphone? Why on earth would she have a cellphone?" Tamaki continued his freak out, but when he took a breath Kyoya interrupted.

Y/N appreciated Kyoya's calmer tone, it was nice to hear him speak after not seeing him for a while. Though it had only been three days it somehow felt longer. "Not to interrupt your delusion but Haruhi is currently in Karuizawa."

"Haruhi was turned out of her home, captured by gypsies and forced into servitude... in karuizawa?" Tamaki was puzzled.

"Moron." Y/N sighed on the other end of her phone.