Chapter twelve

"Hell. No." Y/N stood with her arms crossed. "I am not wearing that stupid dress, if you guys want to dress up like idiots in an attempt to keep Haruhi then go ahead. I'm going to stay in my uniform." 

"But what if we lose Haruhi! It could be a direct result of your lack of participation!" Tamaki cried.

"Well, you guys will lose Haruhi. But since I'm a girl and they want me to come too, it's possible I'll transfer with Haruhi." Y/N of course knew she would never do that, but the thought made Kyoya's eyebrows furrow for a moment. He realized he wouldn't like it if Y/N left Ouran, and even if he knew she wasn't really going to leave, that feeling still spun around in his head. 

"You're going to leave us too Y/N-chan?" Honey asked, tears in his eyes.

"I don't think so Honey, I could never leave you and Mori.'' She gave the blond boy a smile and a pat on the head.

The host club got dressed without you, all now wearing massive puffy dresses and overdone makeup. Mori, like you, had excluded himself from this endeavor. When the whole club was grouped together Y/N couldn't hold back her laughter anymore, taking out her phone for pictures. "You guys look just as ridiculous as I thought you would!" she continued to laugh, trying to hold in the cackles and just letting out feminine giggles.

The Zuka club and Haruhi entered the room, standing there open mouthed in shock at the host club's getups.

"You see Haruhi, if you stay with us you not only gain a club full of brothers, but sisters as well."

"Do you idiots really think you can win her over like this?" Benio was skeptical. "I've had enough of your fooling around!"

Haruhi burst out laughing, she laughed so hard she had to clutched her stomach in pain.'' This is too much! I don't even get what you're trying to do!" Haruhi managed to gasp out between laughs. "I knew you were a bunch of goofballs but still!"

"Have you two made your choice?" Benio asked Y/N and Haruhi, though it appeared she likely already knew the answer.

"I've made mine. I'm staying here. I turned down Lobelia for a reason, and I think this school is the right place for me. Sorry to disappoint you." Y/N apologized, clearly disappointing Suzuran.

"I've made my choice too. Sorry but your clubs not for me either. I think the idea of a girls school is great, and your views are very unique and interesting. But I came to this school with a goal and vision for my future, so while I appreciate your offer I really already knew I was never gonna leave ouran academy."

"I'm not going to give up on you two. Someday we will come back to rescue you, and when we do we will abolish the ouran host club!" Benio promised, exiting the room with a twirl.

"Well, now that's been taken care of, I still have a couple hours before I should head home. Kyoya, would you mind showing me the club's website? Or would you rather get changed first? I must say you make a rather stunning woman." Y/N teased.

Kyoya gave no response, and just left the room to quickly remove his dress and hair extensions, now back in his school uniform and looking himself again. Kyoya pulled up the website on his laptop, sitting together with Y/N on the couch. Though neither of them said it, it was clear they were much more comfortable around each other than they had been when Y/N first started at the club a couple of months ago.

"This website is pretty basic in all honesty. The layout and backgrounds are boring and probably turn people off. I think the issue with that is the school's network doesn't allow outside websites to be used while in the building. I might be able to talk to someone who can fix that for us but im not sure." Y/N was talking to Kyoya, but looking at the computer screen, scrolling and clicking around on the computer to get a better feel for it. Kyoya was surprised she was so interested in the technical stuff the club did, the finances and business end of things. He had always assumed she had no interest in such things.

"So we have an auction site and a regular site, correct? Wouldn't it make more sense to combine them into one? We should also make it more user friendly and self explanatory. And the auctions themselves aren't automated, correct?" Y/N turned to see Kyoya had stopped paying attention to what she was saying. He was too busy looking at her, his mind going back to the night on the beach. He kept getting the urge to repeat the actions of that night. He wanted to feel the way Y/Ns lips brushed against his own again, how odd. Y/N simply thought he was spacing out.

"Kyoya? Hello?" she waved a hand in front of his face, catching his attention again.

"My apologies, please continue." Kyoya pushed his glasses up.

"Are you getting enough sleep?"

"Pardon?"

"Are you sleeping enough? You look so tired all the time. Your health is just as important as your work Kyoya, and I know your workload is not light. You have schoolwork, club financing and planning, plus all the work your family likely has you doing."

"I manage, after all, what would I be if I didn't have good time management skills. It's an important trait to posses in this life."

"I can help you know. At least with the club stuff anyway. I have a friend in the programming class and club, he's obsessed with computers. He could run us a program on how to automate the auctions and bypass the schools network stuff so we can make more sales. I'm not sure if 'bypassing the network' is a real thing, but it sounds right. Let me help you, Kyoya, please?"

"I suppose if you want to fix up our websites then you're free to do so, I can't stop you." Kyoya sighed.

"Not that we were listening in or anything." Kaoru injected himself into the conversation, poking his head between Y/N and Kyoya. "But if Y/N wants to take over club responsibilities she should get a title too right? She could be like our secretary."

"Thats a great idea Kao-chan!" Honey praised. "That way Kyo-chan isn't doing extra jobs, and Y/N-chan has a real title."

"Secretary hm? I could live with that. It might give me an excuse to escape from the guests if i get too tired. Your pretty smart Kaoru." Y/N praised the younger boy, giving him an affectionate pat on the head causing him to blush.

"I should probably go now, Kyoya. I'll show you the stuff I do on the website once it's finished, ok? Have a nice weekend everyone." She gave the group a smile and a wave before exiting through the double doors. She really had no clue the effect she was having on the people in the club. She was getting closer to them without even realizing it.