Chapter thirty-two

"From an outsider perspective it would appear the reason for Chika's animosity towards his brother is a simple inferiority complex. His brother is better looking, more popular and better at martial arts than he is. I know that constantly being compared to others takes quite a toll on someone." Y/N observed.

"That's totally normal and way boring." Kourou complained. "We're going to find something more entertaining!" They began to run off but were stopped by Tamaki.

"Hold on, come back here you two. Why are you suddenly being so uncooperative?"

"Well we thought there'd be an interesting secret reason why they were fighting. This is just lame."

"So Honey-senapi and Chika's feelings aren't exciting enough?" Tamaki screeched.

"It's ok Tama-chan." Honey intervened, holding onto his stuffed rabbit. "It's alright, don't worry about me. So what if Chika-chan hates me? I would be happy just seeing him grow up to be strong and healthy. He is my brother after all"

"Honey, your brother already is strong and healthy. He's already quite a bit taller than you." Y/N reminded him gently.

"Excuse me." Chika's voice emanated from behind the group, his glasses reflecting the sun. "Could you guys please keep it down? What are you doing here?" He asked Honey. "I thought I told you to stay away from me at school, Mitskuni!" Chika moved to attack, Honey dodging it with ease. "You alien. Would you just leave me alone?"

"What's he mean Alien?" the twins asked, confused.

"Chika, don't refer to your brother that way." Y/N insisted, chastising him like his mother.

"Why are you so upset about cake and stuffed animals?" Tamaki wondered.

"Well if it was just about the cake and stuffed animals I would never have said anything. Let's get this straight, I didn't call my brother an alien because he's stronger than me. Have any of you ever seen him devour an entire cake! Don't tell me you guys think that's perfectly normal!He eats three whole cakes every night for dessert! Seriously, three lakes a night, and he never gains weight!" Chika yelled, finally reaching his breaking point, all the pent up concerns tumbling out of him.

"Well, that's the anime logic for you." Y/N shrugged. "So, Honey acts like that in his own home as well does he? I guess I shouldn't be surprised."

Chika then continued to detail his horrifying midnight dining room experience, ending with a rant on why his brother had to be some kind of extraterrestrial. He calmed down, turning away from the group. "I don't know though, there was a time when Mitskuni and I got along really well. It's true that my brother's always had a fondness for cute things and more of a sweet tooth than I have. I still respected his ability to stay away from that stuff even though he loved it. And then this idiot came along and brainwashed him with some ridiculous nonsense. Something about acknowledging who you really are and just being yourself. That that's true strength."

"He's talking about you." Y/N whispered, elbowing Tamaki in the side.

"Not long after that he fell apart and became the alien he is today." Chika lamented.

"Chika, I understand why you feel the way you do. You were raised to follow your family's principles and to become a fighter like your brother and father. Honey should be respected for his ability to hold back on the things he loved as his way of following the Haninozuka principle. But I think he should also be respected for who he is now. Honey-senpai's love of cake and stuffed animals is what makes him who he is, and his fighting ability is part of that identity too. He wouldn't be wholly himself without both parts, and I think that's something you still have to learn on your own." Y/N explained to the younger boy, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Mori mirrored Y/N's actiones with his own friend, lowering his hand onto Honey. "There is a way to solve this, you know. So Mitskuni, you know what to do."

***

After the fight between Chka and Honey passed, everyone retreated back to the club room to gather their things and go home for the day. Y/N was intentionally taking a long time, waiting for everyone else to leave so she could talk to Kyoya. Tamaki was the last one out, giving a simple wave as his form of a goodbye.

"Y/N." Kyoya called to Y/N, beckoning her to come over to where he was sitting.

"Yes?" she asked, standing by his chair. It had become a habit of to look at whatever Kyoya was working on while in the club, considering it was usually club duties that she had a part in. Instead of needing help with any work however, Kyoya was already putting away his things.

"You're free on friday." it was more of a statement than a question, as if he already knew the answer and was reminding Y/N for her own benefit.

"I am." Y/N raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was getting at.

"Good, if you wouldn't mind keeping that day open, I'd appreciate it." Kyoya said.

A smug smile made its way onto Y/N's face and she tilted her head. "And why's that Kyoya?"

"Because, I have something planned."

"You always do. When I'm doing nothing, keeping my schedule open, what would I be wearing should a gentleman caller arrive?" Y/N teased.

"Something formal. I'll be there by 6:30." Kyoya shouldered his bag, opening the door for Y/N, who walked through and waited for him to walk by her side. Kyoya waited with her until her car arrived, and when he went to enter he grabbed her by the hand. He quickly cupped her face with both his hands, tilting it up slightly to get a better angle. He leaned down, delivering a quick kiss to her forehead before letting her go. "I'll see you tomorrow my dear."

It was strange for Y/N, seeing Kyoya be so openly physical with her. The simple action nearly made her heart stop, a deep blush forming at her cheeks. Me dear, he had called her. Y/N never had anyone treat her this way, with such gentleness. She almost collapsed into her car, giving Kyoya a dazed wave goodbye and he smirked from her reaction.