Chapter twenty-six

The amusement park was pretty sizable considering how small the town was. There were roller coasters, food carts and all sorts of other attractions. A large cotton candy mascot was wandering around taking pictures with kids and giving people directions. The entire park seemed to be themed like some sort of mystical candy land. The paved roads were made to look like candy, and giant plaster lollipop signs pointed people in the direction of certain rides.

Tamaki and Honey seemed particularly interested in everything. The twins wanted to go see the Haunted house first, while Tamaki insisted on going to the roller coasters. Y/N had a sneaking suspicion Tamaki only wanted to do scary rides so Haruhi would cling to him in fear.

"I wanna go on the jumping frogs!" Honey cheered. By some sort of magic he'd already gotten a cone of cotton candy, and was happily munching on it atop Mori's shoulders. You hoped for Mori's sake that Honey was careful enough not to get the sticky treat in his hair.

To be honest, neither of those options sounded like fun to Y/N, but if she had to choose she would much prefer the former. It was for kids after all, how scary could a haunted house really be? "What do you wanna do Y/N?" Kaoru asked her. Kyoya had somehow already procured a map of the place and seemed to be skimming over it.

Stepping over to Kyoya Y/N subconsciously leaned over to him to look at the map he was holding. Due to the height difference Kyoya lowered the map so it would be easier for her to see it. "Haruhi, what's a maze of mirrors?" Y/N asked the younger girl.

"It's like a bunch of hallways full of distorted mirrors that make you look taller, or wider. Stuff like that."

"That sounds like fun! Right Takashi?"" Honey smiled. Mori gave a typical one word reply.

"Maze of mirrors! Maze of mirrors!" Hikaru and Kaoru chorused.

"I guess that's where we're going." Y/N shrugged.

The maze of mirrors was in a building painted to look as if it was made of cake. Inside there was a corridor allowing three choices. Left, right or straight. "Let's go left!" Hikaru declared.

"Me and Haruhi are going right!" Tamaki declared, latching himself onto a less than pleased Haruhi's arm.

"Does it really matter where we go? Don't all the paths lead to the same place?" Y/N thought aloud.

"Well, not necessarily." Kyoya hummed. "After all, if it does follow its name this place is a maze. Meaning if you take the wrong turn it could lead you right into a dead end and you'll have to turn back."

"So then let's just split up." Y/N concluded. She, Kyoya and Kaoru all went straight. Tamaki and Haruhi took the right path, while Hikaru, Mori and Honey all took the left path.

"Woah. look at this Y/N-senpai this mirror makes my head look big!" Kaoru called over to you, giggling like a schoolgirl.

Y/N wandered over to her friend, looking in the mirror. Because of the height difference between the two the mirror distorted different parts of Y/N's body than Kaoru, causing him to burst out laughing. He seemed to be having the most fun, especially looking at the way Kyoya appeared in the mirrors.

After nearly twenty minutes of wandering around the maze Y/N started to get a little bit concerned. After all, the building wasn't that large, and you were all walking at a pretty steady pace. You should be at least near the end by now. "Hey, Kaoru?" Y/N wandered over to the boy, who was taking pictures with his cellphone.

"Yeah?"

"You know where we're going right? You've been keeping track of where we've been turning and stuff?"