Chapter Twenty-four

Authors Note: Thanks to all of you for over 800 reads! I appreciate all of you so much for reading this, and I love seeing when you guys vote or comment on this fanfic. to be honest i don't really love this chapter, it's just paced a little oddly but I hope you all enjoy. :)

Delicate piano music played through the pension, attracting guests and acting to relax and refresh the ones already staying there. Tamaki truly was a gifted musician, lucky for him Kyoya pointed out the piano to him, or his chances of winning would be slipping even more. Y/N was almost fearing she would lose her bet. Almost.

Y/N wandered out to where Hikaru and Kaoru were supposed to be working. "Where's Hikaru?" Y/N looked around and noticed he was without a twin.

"He went to get some trash bags for us." Kaoru leaned on the edge of the railing lazily.

"Do you think you're still going to win?"

"I don't know. Kyoya-senpai created a monster. The boss didn't even know this place had a piano till he pointed it out to him."

"Oh, don't give up just yet, Kaoru. You've gotta win this, otherwise I'll lose my bet too." Y/N laughed, though truly she was really hoping the twins had something put together.

"Look out!" Kaoru yelled diving to push Y/N out of the way of a falling vase. Y/N felt her body hit the wooden deck, Hikaru shielding her body with his own, both of his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

"I'm so sorry are you two alright?"

"Don't worry we're ok." Kaoru called to the female guest above them. He turned to check on Y/N, grabbing her shoulders comfortingly. "Your all good right?"

"Yeah, thanks Kaoru." Y/N cleared her throat, hinting at the still close proximity of the younger boy. Once he noticed it too a blush rested his cheeks and he backed away.

"Kaoru!" Hikaru cried, running towards his twin." you're hurt. Let me see."

"I'm fine. It's only a little cut." Kaoru assured his brother.

"Don't scare me like that." Hikaru said softly, leaning his head on Kaoru's shoulder. This was it, Y/N knew it would happen eventually. The twins would use the best weapon they had at their disposal.

"Amazing! 100 refreshing points to you! The victory goes to the Hitachiin brothers!" Misuzu cheered, causing the twins to grin. Y/N let out a sigh of relief, knowing she'd won her bet.

"I knew you boys had it in you to win!" Y/N cheered, bringing both the brothers in for a hug, overjoyed as if she was the one who'd won the competition. "Great work."

***

By the time Y/N fell out of bed and got herself over to pension Misuzu, the rest of the host club was already there. Y/N found Kyoya, Honey and Mori sitting at one of the tables and elected to join them, taking the only open seat between Kyoya and Mori. Haruhi was just sitting down with a boy who looked to be around her age. He had caramel brown hair with an undercut, and to be perfectly honest he was rather plain looking. Though there was something about the way he spoke that Y/N found simply adorable.

"Who's that?" Y/N asked, stealing a sip of Mori's drink.

"Presumably a friend of Haruhi's from middle school." Kyoya answered.

"They've had zero contact since graduation so in my opinion they're not friends, just former classmates." Hikaru voiced his opinion loftily.

"Is that really for you to decide Hikaru?" Y/N interjected, figuring out quickly the reasoning behind Hikaru's tone of voice. He was likely jealous of Haruhi's new friend.