Chapter five

Honey-senpai was now lost in the whirlpool. Tamaki, along with the Twins, Haruhi, and Mori-senpai all charged along to the pool that seemed the quickest route.

"Wait, I wouldn't go there if I were-" Kyoya started to say. He was cut off by the sounds of snapping alligator jaws and the screeching of Tamaki.

"What's with all the alligators?" Haruhi asked, exasperated.

"They belong to the park's tropical animal exhibit." Kyoya explained.

"Isn't it dangerous to have them roaming free, Kyoya?" Y/N pointed out.

"Your probably right, though the cause of our present situation seems to be the switch for the current pool. I'll have a little chat with our designers. Thanks a lot you guys, I got some great data today.'' Kyoya smiled at the group, who cried in outrage at being used as guinea pigs.

As the group trekked through the undeveloped parts of the island, they observed the strange amounts of animal calls.

"You don't think those animal sounds are real do you?" Kaoru asked his counterpart.

"To be honest I'm not sure, however I do know my family strives for authenticity no matter the cost." Kyoya informed the group.

Y/N was bringing up the rear, looking around at the scenery and tropical flora and fauna. It truly was gorgeous, and very much worth whatever the Ootori family spent to build it. She stopped for a moment, glancing at a bush with pink flowers growing on it. They were very obviously not flowers that would naturally grow in Japan. Y/N gently plucked two from the bush, hoping Kyoya woudnt mind. It would grow back after all wouldn't it?

"Hey, Kyoya?" she asked, catching up to the boy.

The dark haired boy hummed in response.

"Do you know what kind of flowers these are?" the girl asked, giving him the pink object. "I've never seen it before, and I don't remember reading about it in any of our botany books at home."

Kyoya looked at the girl for a moment, confused. Why did she care about such a small thing as the type of flower on one bush? The whole park was filled with beautiful greenery, but she had chosen to focus on this specific flower. "I believe it's a hybrid plant, bred to flourish in these unpredictable tropical conditions."

"How fascinating." Y/N marveled, turning over the flower in her hands, examining the stem, the petals, the pistil.

Kyoya took the flower Y/N had given him, and set it gently in his pocket. He didn't know why he did, but he just felt like keeping this particular flower.

Y/N however, had no pockets in which to keep her flower. Wearing a swimsuit didn't give her a lot of options for holding extra things. Seeing her conundrum, and before he could really think about what he was doing, Kyoya plucked the flower from her hands, and tucked it neatly into her hair.

"Oh!" Y/N gasped, a smile appearing on her face. "Thank you Kyoya."

Something in Kyoya's chest tightened. He did it, he got her to smile, in a real way. This wasn't the practiced, calculated smile she used to woo her guests at the host club, or to calm people down. This was a genuine smile.

The sky of the biodome darkened over your heads. "Uh oh, it's almost time for the squall." Kyoya said, looking up. The group fled over to a small gazebo to gain cover from the rain. Y/N was now slightly starting to regret her decision of not wearing a coverup.

"Hey Mori-senpai, you and Honey-senpai seem pretty close. Even more than you guys are with Y/N-senpai. Are you childhood friends or something?" Haruhi asked.