Chapter fourteen

A call from Tamaki Suoh was the last thing Y/N had been expecting on a sunday morning. She stayed up very late last night to do schoolwork, and was extremely unhappy at being woken up by a phone call.

"What the hell do you want Suoh?" Y/N said into the phone, not even attempting to hide the irritation in her voice.

"I need you and Kyoya to come with me stat! Immediately! We have to make sure Haruhi isn't living in poverty!" Tamaki cried dramatically.

"If you have Kyoya why the hell do you need me? Besides, I have no interest in visiting the Fujioka household right now. I assure you Haruhi isn't living in poverty, she's fine. Now let me go back to sleep."

"But how do you know that! Haruhi could be in danger of mistaking regular tuna for fancy tuna."

"I've been to Haruhi's house before when our bags got mixed up. She's fine Suoh."

"We are picking you up in twenty minutes, be ready." Tamaki insisted, having listened to none of what Y/N just said.

The phone went silent, leaving a frustrated groan to escape Y/N's lips as she got out of bed and prepared herself for the day. "I'm going to wring Tamaki's neck when I see him."

Y/N got dressed in casual clothes, dressing up slightly since she would be in public and around the host club. One of Tamaki's cars pulled into the driveway, and she entered willingly this time instead of being yanked in. Y/N sat down in between Mori and Honey, leaning her head on Mori's shoulders, still tired from not getting enough sleep. he didn't seem to mind, after all Y/N had been using him as a human pillow for years, and Honey was on his shoulders constantly. he didn't mind, in fact he enjoyed being able to provide something for his friends. 

Tamaki seemed less than impressed that the rest of the host club had tagged along, likely Kyoya's idea. Y/N was more glad the other members were here too, so at least she could hang with Mori and Honey.

The car parked in front of Haruhi's apartment complex, and the driver opened the door for everyone to get out. Y/N, still not willing to move, was picked up and held bridal style by Mori, who she thanked quietly before burying her face in his chest.

Tamakik gave the group a lecture on not saying anything rude that might offend Haruhi, causing the said girl to burst out in anger behind them. "Haruhi!" Tamaki shrieked in surprise.

"That pink dress is pretty cute!" Tamaki, Honey, and the twins said in unison. This made Y/N slightly more self-conscious of what she herself was wearing. Haruhi had that effect on Y/N, always comparing herself to the younger girl. She mentally scolded herself, she knew she was being selfish and petty. but still, the feeling would always linger in the back of her mind that she would always be second best. 

"Shut up! Get the hell out of here!" Haruhi snapped back.

Haruhi begrudgingly led the boys up to her house. "Mori-senpai, why are you carrying Y/N-senpai?" she asked, climbing the stairs.

"Y/N's not a morning person." Mori answered back in his usual monotone.

"Ok, here's the deal. I'm only giving you guys a quick peak. Three seconds, and then you all go home got it?" Haruhi layed down the rules, but Honey had other plans.

"Look Haru-chan, I brought you a gift. I know how you love cake. There's both chocolate and strawberry. I think we should have some!"

"Fine, I guess I'll make some tea." Haruhi led the boys into the home's entryway.

"You can put me down now Mori, I'm ok if we are gonna sit down and have cake." Y/N told the taller boy. He set her down as everyone took off their shoes and walked further into the home.