Chapter thirty-seven

"Kyoya, are you having as much trouble with these fangs as I am?" Y/N opened the curtain to reveal herself in full Victorian style vampire cosplay. The host club was still preparing for guests to arrive, and the only thing left for Y/N to do was put on the fake fangs that Tamaki bought for everyone.

"You look so cute Y/N-chan!" Honey complimented her outfit. The twins jaw's nearly dropped at the elaborate costume she was wearing.

"Thanks Honey-senpai. I'm struggling with these fangs though, how did you guys get them on so easily?"

The twins shrugged, and Honey had already gotten distracted by something else. Kyoya on the other hand walked over to his now girlfriend, and tilted her chin upwards to look at her face. "Open your mouth." he commanded, making Y/N's face flush, but she did as she was told. "You have the wrong size, your teeth are too small for these, of course they are going to fall off. Haruhi, go fetch Y/N a smaller size of fangs."

"Oh, don't make her do that Kyoya, she's not a little pet anymore remember?" Y/N teased. "I can go get them. Oh and Kyoya?" she leaned over to whisper into his ear. "The costume suits you rather well, even though you aren't really a vampire, i think I might still let you kiss my neck." and with that she sauntered off back into the prep rooms to collect another set of teeth.

By the time Y/n returned from the prep room, gusts had already arrived into the host club. Y/n could see a small cluster of boys waiting for her arrival. likely news of the host clubs cosplaying plans had spread, causing more boys than normal to flock into the host club.

"Sorry boss, but from now until Halloween, count us out." the twins shrugged, holding Haruhi between them.

"Oh, I almost forgot about the test of courage your class is hosting. Have fun." Y/N smiled at her younger classmates, showing off her vampire fangs, now perfectly fitted. Kyoya looked at her smile, admiring how good the fangs looked on her. He'd give anything for those teeth to bite his lips again.

"Have fun without us here for a week!" the twins waves, skipping off, and dragging Haruhi with them.

"Hold on!" Tamaki cried, "why is Haruhi going?"

Hikaru gave Tamaki a sinister look. "Well boss, she is in our class you know. The special event is an after dark test of courage tournament."

This statement threw Tamaki into another one of his wild delusions, causing him to wail and beg Haruhi not to go. Y/N sighed, looking at the scene with a sad smile. She truly did love it here at the host club, even though she was resistant to it at first. This was where she'd found a home of sorts, among Kyoya, Mori and the other members she called friends. But it wouldn't last, it never would. Something sooner or later would come along, and shatter the illusion, a simple snip of scissors and the thread of these happy memories would snap.

"Ok, time to go now!" The twins waved goodbye, Haruhi going along with them.

"Well isn't this interesting?" Nekozawa emerged from a coffin in the floor. Y/N worried for his health, wondering how long he'd been in there. No wonder the black magic club had no other members.

"Oh dear." Y/N sighed, wandering over to Kyoya's side once more. "If Nekozawa is involved nothing good will come of this i'm sure."

"Now, now. Give him at least a little credit." Kyoya chided. "I'm sure something interesting will happen, and as long as I'm not involved I would like to spectate."

"You act like your so above everything, but you just love watching drama don't you Kyoya?"

"I like to think of myself as an impartial observer." he shrugged.