Chapter twenty-seven

Authors note: Wow we actually reached 1k??? I didn't even think we'd get past like 500 reads when I started writing this. I love you guys sm and I love reading comments and seeing votes on this fic, it makes my day ever time. hope y'all enjoy Kyoya's reluctant day out sans Haruhi. 

When Tamaki pitched his insane idea to visit the commoner expo, Y/N shot it down immediately. It truthfully wasn't the way she wanted to spend the last full day of her summer vacation. However, with enough berating from Honey and the twins she gave in, but said she would go later and meet them on her own time. What she wasn't expecting was to find Kyoya, all alone on a bench. And she especially wasn't expecting him to be in such an awful mood.

Y/N made her way into the commoners department store, dressed in casual clothes. She'd put a little more effort than usual into her makeup and hair today, just because if it was the last day of summer vacation she might as well. Commoners filled the area as far as she could see. She was about to pick up her phone and ask Kaoru where everyone was when she spotted a familiar pair of eyes. "Well now, that's certainly not a commoner." she muttered to herself, walking over to meet him.

It was pretty easy for Y/N to deduce what happened. Knowing Tamaki, he'd attempted to drag Kyoya into this little schtick of his. Kyoya, having likely stayed up far too late again, told him no. Tamaki clearly didn't take that no for an answer, and dragged Kyoya to the expo. Since he was also in possession of a short attention span. Tamaki likely got distracted and left Kyoya here for who knows how long. Thus, the current situation.

Y/N strode up just in time to see a small child run face first into Kyoya's leg. He fell back and peered up at the taller boy. "Ow wow, sorry-" The child cut himself off in terror once he got a glimpse of Kyoya's expression. The child scrambled up to find his mom and ended up running into Y/N. Damn, this kid really didn't watch where he was going.

"Hey there." Y/N smiled down at the child. Having two younger brothers, Y/N was decent at taking care of younger kids. "Don't mind him, just go find your mom ok? Be more careful of where you're running though, I wouldn't want you to get hurt." She helped the child up and shooed him away from Kyoya before he could traumatize the child any further.

Finally getting a good look at Kyoya Y/N almost laughed. It was now even more clear to her that Tamaki was the center of this whole thing. Kyoya's outfit was very obviously something Tamaki picked out for him. His usually kempt hair was messier now, and dark circles were still a little evident under his glasses.

"So, care to explain why you're at the expo all by yourself terrifying small children?" Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Wait, don't tell me I think I have a pretty good idea. Tamaki, right?" Y/N and Kyoya still haven't forgotten about what happened on the ferris wheel. From Kyoya's perspective, he'd made himself look like a fool. He felt horrible, wondering what he could possibly do to make her believe he had feelings for her. They werent going to talk about it, the situation had been embarrassing for the both of them so it wasnt going to be brought up again anytime soon. Though it still weighed heavy on both the teen's minds.

"He's a dead man when I get my hands on him." Kyoya growled.

"Let's get you some food. You haven't had breakfast yet, I assume?" Y/N started walking, surely there was a fast food place somewhere in here. She remembered seeing a sign for one a while back, so it had to be in this direction.

"This appears to be the only option we can get quickly." Y/N observed, looking at the fast food place skeptically. "I don't really know my way around this place."

"Just be sure to get a receipt. Tamaki will reimburse you tenfold." Kyoya was still apparently in a very bad mood. His hypotension wasn't a secret, so Y/N took it easy on him. She'd be in a bad mood too.

After figuring out how to order, Y/N waited for the cashier to speak. The girl was clearly making eyes at Kyoya, who was too busy staring off into space to care. "Would you be interested in trying one of our delicious desserts?" the girl asked cheerily, giving a wide smile.

"Thank you, no, I don't care for sweets." Kyoya drawled. This only seemed to make the girl more interested.

"Before you decide we have a new shake that's-" The girl was cut off. Apparently Kyoya terrifying commoners was going to be a theme of the day.

"I have given you my answer." Kyoya hissed.

Bringing their tray to a table Y/N pushed the red plastic object toward her friend. Truthfully she wasn't hungry at all. She'd ordered food for Kyoya and just some water for herself. "Don't you think you might've been a little nicer to that poor girl? She was just trying to do her job, even if she was too busy flirting."

"Her job is to serve us food, not irritate me with some weak sales pitch." Kyoya unwrapped the food he was given and took a bite. Y/N never thought she'd see the day where Kyoya Ootori was eating fast food from a plastic tray. But here they were.

"Fair enough I suppose." Y/n agreed, still staring at Kyoya. Though the environment was odd, he still looked so perfect. Messy hair suited him, though his glasses were a little dirty.

"Now what?" Kyoya sighed, sipping the least sugary drink you could pick out for him.

"Nothing, it's just, I never thought I would see you eat common fast food. It's a little amusing is all."

Before Kyoya could reply, a group of girls wandered over to your table. "Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt but if you're not using this chair can my friends and I borrow it?" she asked. Evidently even commoner girls couldn't help but be attracted to Kyoya. Not that Y/N blamed them, she understood completely. Though, just because she understood them didn't mean she wasn't jealous.

"If you must." Kyoya drowned. The girls gushed in thank you, but his only reply was another bored "you're quite welcome.'' At least he wasn't giving the girls any special treatment like he would at the host club. Was he taking a break from his act because of his mood or because nobody here was of any consequence?

If Y/N was being honest with herself, she reveled in the idea she got to see this side of Kyoya. This is what had so fascinated her about him in the first place, what was under the act. She actually liked his true personality better than his fake one. It was so much more colorful, and though some people may find it unlikeable she only found herself falling for him harder because of it. She could admit that now, that she really did have feelings for Kyoya Ootori. And there was a painful ache in her heart whenever she remembered they could be nothing more than friends.