Chapter forty-two

Authors Note: 6.7k reads?? you guys are insane I swear, thank you all so much! this is finally the end of the Kasunoda x Himari arc, which is a little sad for me because I liked writing the two of them so much. but that means we're back to Kyoya and Y/N shinanigans 100% hope you enjoy! 

"I'm kind of starting to understand why people like this club so much. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of most of you guys, but the atmosphere here is kind of fun." Himari laughed. She was seated next to Y/N on one of the couches, intentionally hogging her away from the other boys. "You're wasted on a club like this, you know Y/N?"

"I'm glad you think so." Y/N smiled gently, hiding her want to laugh behind a sip of tea.

"Why is the moron here anyways?" Himari turned with a frown to look at Leon. "shouldn't you be over there, fussing over the other boys?" she waved her hand in the general direction of everyone else in the room.

"I think I like my spot, right here actually." Leon hummed, forcing himself between Y/N and Himari on the couch.

Y/N, Leon and Kyoya- though truthfully mostly just Y/N- had concocted this plan last night, and assumed the sooner the better to put it into action. Kasunoda wasn't the type of person who would just announce his feelings to someone, unprovoked and out of the blue. Especially someone he considered "out of reach." so, to correct this, Y/N knew they had to first make Himari say in front of Kasunoda, that she had a crush on someone else.

Leon had suggested making Kasunoda jealous, prompting him to confess to Himari so she would stay away from the other person. Thus, the final plan was for Leon to try and make Kasunoda jealous, and to annoy Himari into telling him about her crush on someone else. Y/N had thought of about a hundred different ways she would steer the conversation, meaning no matter what the plan was foolproof.

Heads turned to see a new guest entering the room. Before the introduction of Y/N, seeing a male enter the host club would have been meant for whispering and gossip, but now it was an entirely too common occurrence. However, the unusual thing was that Kasunoda was the one entering. His eyes scanned the room, looking for a familiar set of dark brown hair and a yellow dress.

"Kasanoda!" Himari waved at the redhead. "Come, sit. Shove over Leon." She tried to move the older boy but to no avail. Kasunoda watched as Himari attempted to push Leon, andhe only smugly smiled at her efforts.

"Here, Kasunoda has my seat. I need to speak with Kyoya about something. I'll be right back boys.'' She gave a wave to the remaining boys, relinquishing her seat to Kasunoda. The boys that had come to see Y/N pouted with disappointment, each becoming interested in their own conversations, some even leaving. The girls in the club however, had become fixated on the couch that contained Himari, Leon and Kasunoda. Nothing caused more tension than a potential love triangle in a room full of girls like these.

"So, Himari. How's that boyfriend of yours?" Leon asked, tucking a stray piece of hair back into place when Himari turned to look at him. Y/N nearly laughed in the background, watching his attempts to flirt. He always did a better job when it was someone he didn't care about at all.

"I think you secretly enjoy all this drama." Kyoya mused, wishing he could place his arm around her waist, a spot he'd found habitual at this point.

"Oh, I do." Y/N laughed. Days like these were often rather annoying for her, days when she so badly wanted to touch Kyoya, to kiss him, to feel his skin against her own in even the smallest way. But, because of club duties she couldn't. It annoyed her to an extreme level, sometimes even becoming so bad she'd practically haul Kyoya into the preparation room just to give him a quick kiss.

"What is up with you today, Kobayashi? Why are you acting so weird? You know I don't have a boyfriend." Himari slapped his hand away from her face. "Sorry about him, Ritsu."

Kasunoda's brain temporarily paused, stunned by the fact she'd called him Ritsu. Only his parents and other relatives had called him that. He had no close friends to speak of, and the members of the gang only referred to him as "young lord." To hear his name coming from her lips, was a moment he won't soon forget. Y/N could tell, even from a distance Kasunoda was seconds away from losing his cool.

"It's fine." Kasunoda responded, knees shaking under the table.

"Would you like tea, Ritsu?" Himari asked, intentionally ignoring Leon as she set a teacup in front of the other boy.

"Here, let me help." he offered, trying desperately to get his hands to stop shaking.

"No, I've got it, really." Himari assured him, pouring tea into the cup with the perfect grace of someone who has executed the action many times.

"I was just double checking you're still available is all." Leon shrugged. "Maybe I'll ask you out myself one of these days."

That caused the back end of the room to erupt with squeals from the girls, as well as a couple disappointed sighs at the fact Leon might have interest in someone else. Kasunoda froze, mind racing a mile a minute. He had come here today in hopes of confessing to Himari himself, and this tilted the whole plan on its head.

"Leon what the hell? What kind of games are you playing with me right now?" Himari's face went bright red, not because she really had any feelings for Leon but simply because she wasn't used to this kind of attention. Despite what people would assume from the class representative, she was incredibly inexperienced with even getting compliments, so straightforward comments like that flustered her easily.

"I'm just saying, everyone can see how cute you are, Himari. But I gotta admit I'm kind of jealous that everyone gets the chance to ask you out whenever they want. Kasunoda here could snatch you away from me at any moment, for example."

"Leon..." Himari buried her reddening face into her hands, not knowing how else to respond. She couldn't say outright to him that she had feelings for Kasunoda, not when he was right there. Had it been any other occasion she would have done so in a heartbeat, but the idea of him knowing she had a crush was far too embarrassing.

"Not going to deny those allegations?" Y/N leaned over the back of the couch, raising an eyebrow at Kasanoda. "Perhaps it is true, silence can sometimes speak volumes."

"Leon, look I don't like you ok? You know that, so leave me alone would you? I like someone else." Himari muttered, folding her arms across her chest, face still flushed.

"Oh, really?" Y/N smiled. "And who might that be?"

"Nobody." Himari turned her head away from Kasunoda, afraid her face might give herself away.

Kasunoda felt his heart drop to his shoes at her words, I like someone else. Who could it be? Probably the other class representative. He was nice, he was popular and he didnt scare people away with just one glance. Of course a girl would go for a guy like that, instead of a guy like him.

Y/N could quickly see things going south of where she'd hoped they would, meaning it was time to reign everything in. these two were going to confess their feelings for each other if it was the last thing they did goddamnit!

"Come on, Himari. Don't be shy. Everyone is just dying to know." the twins egged her on, taking Y/N's place behind her on the couch, leaning so their faces were right next to her. "Is it maybe one of us?"

"No!" Himari put a hand in the twins faces, shoving them backward. "It's not."

"Then perhaps it's Aoki, the other class rep?" Kyoya mused, knowing it was probable that was the first person who popped into Kasunoda's mind.

"No! It's not Aoki, it's not the twins, it's not Leon! It's Kasunoda ok! I have a crush on Kasanoda now. Will you all just leave me alone?" Himari shouted, grabbing her bag and stomping out of the room with anger and embarrassment.

Kasunoda seemed completely out of it, not even beginning to process Himari's words. "Well, casanova, there's your answer." Y/N said smugly, head resting on her fist.

"Aren't you going to go after her?" Tamaki interjected, nearly exploding at not being able to intervene this whole time. Upon special request from Y/N and Kyoya, he stayed out of the situation, as whenever Tamaki was thrown into the mix who knows how the plan would go sideways.