Chapter eight

The hunt for Haruhi and Y/N's fears had begun. The twins started off with the basics, a dark secluded cave. They led Y/N, Haruhi and a few of the guests who wanted to come along inside.

"This is the most haunted place in Okinawa." Hikaru started. "The locals don't even come out here."

"Don't worry Y/N, I'm sure they are just messing around. If anything dangerous does happen I'm here to protect you." Hiroto told her bravely, giving the signature toothy grin. Nakamura had chosen to stay behind on account of his fears of the paranormal, the dark, drowning and the twins.

"I'll be sure to hold you to that. Here, let's hook our arms together so we don't slip ok?" Y/N offered the boy.

"They say the only time you get even get behind here is during low tide." Kaoru continued the story. "Evidently, many people down here have died from drowning and their souls still linger, taking revenge on anyone who happens to come inside!"

Y/N tried to hold back her laughter at the ridiculous story, her arm still looped through Hiroto's. This was obviously fake, a ploy to scare either Y/N or Haruhi. A fake shadowy monster roared, causing the girls (and Hiroto) to squeal. Y/N felt a skeletal hand place itself on her shoulder. She looked to the side, and pulled off the fake hand that was attached to the end of the stick.

"Seriously guys? Ghosts? I would have expected better from you two, at least more creative." Y/N pouted.

"What's wrong with you two? I thought everyone was afraid of ghosts." Hikaru deadpanned.

"But I've never seen a real one before." Haruhi concluded.

"Besides, being scared of ghosts isn't at all logical. Why would it make any sense?" Y/N shrugged.

The next attempt to test Y/N and Haruhi's fears was made by Honey-senpai. He attempted to lock the three of them inside one of the police trucks, only to discover his claustrophobia outweighed that of the girls.

Lastly, Mori-senpai tried to scare them by pointing sharp objects in the girl's directions which only resulted in them questioning Mori's mental stability.

Y/N got bored of the club members trying to scare her, and decided to wander off and take some time alone. Y/N had brought a small book about flower symbolism with her, in attempts to learn about the language of flowers. She figured finding a nice secluded spot to read for a bit would be the kind of relaxation she needed.

Unfortunately, she had picked a rock and some of the female guests decided to climb up. "Look up here Haruhi!" one of them shouted from their high vantage point. Likely Haruhi was on the other side, catching their attention.

"The breeze up here feels great!" another girl cried.

"Be careful!" Haruhi warned them.

"Hey, there's chicks up here man!" you heard a couple of guys say. You looked up to see a pair of boys who had definitely not been invited, making their way up the rock.

Y/N quickly followed them, realizing the potential danger. "This is a private beach, you are not supposed to be here." she told them sternly.

"Private, eh? So that means we're alone?" the guy asked, coming closer to Y/N and grabbing her wrist.

"I said leave. You and your friend need to get out of here, this is your last warning." Y/N reiterated.

"Loosen up would you? Just asking if you wanted to hang out with a couple of locals." the guy gave Y/N a creepy smile, and she quickly turned her wrist, prying it out of his grasp. She brought the heel of her palm hard into the guy's nose, making it bleed on impact. When his head bent down, she brought her knee swiftly up, causing another blow to the bleeding nose.

"What the hell bitch?" he asked, now grabbing both of Y/N's wrists. She tried again to pry them away from his grip, but this time it was no use.

"Hope you can swim!" the guy yelled at Y/N pushing her off the rock, her body plummeting into the cold waves below.

Y/N's body hit the cold dark water, all sounds dulling when she hit. The water rushed into her ears, the saltwater stinging her eyes. Mori, who had been called up to the rock by one of the other girls, dived into the water after her. He carefully grabbed her and scooped her up, taking her back to the shore.

"Where is everyone?" Y/N asked once Mori set her down carefully on the sand.

"We took the boy's ID cards and respectfully asked them to leave, and the girls went back to the hotel. I called a doctor who should be arriving any minute." Kyoya informed you.

"Thanks for taking care of everything, sorry I couldn't be of more help."

"What the hell were you thinking?" Tamaki burst out at her. "You're not a martial arts master like Honey-senpai, what in the world made you think you could win? You against two boys?"

"I, unlike you Tamaki, happened to be there. Why does it matter that they're guys, something needed to be done, what the hell did you want me to do, sit around and watch? Something worse could have happened if I didn't step in." Y/N shot back with equal aggression.

"That's no excuse! Don't forget, you're a girl!" Tamaki repeated.

Y/N raised her hand, slapping Tamaki across the face. "You think I didn't remember that Tamak, you son of a bitch? Dont you think I knew that when I went up there! My whole damn life, I've been reminded of what I am, just a girl. But I don't care about that, I know I'm no Honey or Mori when it comes to self defense. And I'm sure any one of you could beat me in a fight, no question. But goddamnit if I'm just going to sit by and watch people get hurt because I was too much of a coward to fight them! Don't you ever tell me that shit again Suoh, I'm tired of people belittling me." Y/N finished her rant, slightly huffing and out of breath from the amount of yelling.

The whole group stood there in shocked silence at Y/N's words, and the fact she had actually slapped Tamaki. Nobody had been gutsy enough to even come close to that, save Kyoya who had nearly done so on several occasions. It was odd to see Y/N so riled up,normally she was much clamer

Tamaki himself was for once at a loss. He considered Y/N's words briefly, but still couldn't get over his own anger at her for being so rash. "Fine, If your going to be like that I wont speak to you until you realize your own part of this."