Chapter nine

Honey and Mori prepared dinner for the host club back at the Hotel. Y/n knew this when Hikaru came to grab her for dinner. Y/N had changed back into a normal outfit, though she was nervous about being in something other than school clothes around the host club. It was just a simple outfit she would have worn somewhere like shopping, or to a dinner with friends.

Haruhi, of course, showed up to dinner in the cutest pink dress, making Y/N secretly wish she herself had worn something more feminine and appealing. But it was too late now, and besides nobody would be looking at her anyway. She had plans to eat fast and then leave to go back to her own room and get some work done. She was sure nobody would notice if she slipped out. Their attention wasn't going to be on her, and she liked it that way.

Tamaki was icing out Y/n through the whole meal, only talking to Haruhi or the twins. Though Haruhi didn't say anything when the argument was taking place, she secretly agreed with Y/N on the subject and not Tamaki. She thought Y/N had done the right thing intervening when she did, Haruhi would have done the same thing in her place, and probably would have lasted even less time before getting thrown off the rock.

"Thank you for making us dinner Honey and Mori." Y/N thanked the two boys. "And thank you again Mori, for saving me from the water back there. Sorry that I caused you the trouble of saving me."

"Just don't make a habit of it." Mori said simply.

Tamaki mumbled something about himself deserving an apology.

"What was that Suoh?" Y/N asked loftily, having resorted back to calling him by his last name.

"I said I deserve an apology." Tamaki declared, staring Y/N in the eye.

"I'll apologize if you do first."

"Fine then. I see you refuse to admit you were wrong. See if I care, I'm going to bed. Kyoya, if you would take me to my room please."

The dark haired boy escorted the blond out of the room, leaving silence to dwell over the remaining people.

"Perhaps Tamaki does have some kind of point. I should learn some way of defending myself." Y/N said thoughtfully, poking the food around her plate. Though she had wanted to learn martial arts like the kind she watched Honey and Mori practice growing up, she had never been permitted to.

"So he got to you huh." the twins synced. "Well, it wouldn't hurt you to learn martial arts or something. But it's not like we're gonna force you to. And besides, that's not the real issue here."

Y/N looked up at the twins, her attention now on them rather than the food on her plate. There was always something about Y/N, that made whoever her full gaze fell upon felt special, and it warmed their heart. The twins were feeling that now.

"To be honest we were all a little worried about how recklessly you acted." Kaoru confessed, though his face still looked bored.

"Kao-chan is right, you made us all worry. Especially Tama-chan and Kyo-chan. I think you should apologize." Honey-senpai added.

"Kyoya? He didn't seem like he was at all worried about me. But i suppose your right, I did cause you trouble." Y/N took a deep breath, preparing herself to say words she often found hard. Words she had said too often, but too often didn't mean. "I... I'm truly sorry."

"Awww Y/N!" the group gushed, all rushing over to surround her in a group hug. "We forgive you!"

"I think I should go find Tamaki and Kyoya to apologize to them as well." Y/N told the group, excusing herself away from the table. She stopped next to the brunette girl, whispering something in her ear. "If you get scared because of the thunder don't hesitate to come to my room ok?"