Chapter seventeen

"So, someone randomly confessed their love to you again right?" Leon asked, double checking his facts as the two of you walked to the host club room.

"Yeah it was some third year."

"And Kyoya comes out of nowhere and shuts him down?"

"Yes."

"Y/N." Leon gave you a look like you were the dumbest person in the world. "He likes you, you idiot! Ask. Him. Out."

"Stop being a moron." Y/N rolled her eyes, heat flushing to her cheeks. " Even if i did like him there's no way he'd say yes to me. He has girls falling at his feet i dont think he's looking my direction. Besides I don't even like him, he's.... complex. He's so nice, even when he pretends it's just for his own benefit, but he's also got a bad temper. And I hear he's a really bad morning person."

"I say you should find out how bad of a morning person Kyoya really is." Leon wriggles his eyebrows at Y/N suggestively, causing another eruption of heat to rise to her face.

"That's it! You're done, we're not friends anymore, I'm leaving you."

"No! Y/N I'm sorry, come back!" Leon pouted, chasing after his friend as she opened the clubroom door to leave him.

"Leo-chan what are you doing here?" Honey asked when he saw Y/N's companion.

"Y/N and I have a little bet going on. Nothing to worry about." Leon shrugged. Him and Honey senpai knew each other as they had both gone to the same elementary and middle schools together, although not spending much time together due to the difference in year.

"A bet?" one of the twins stuck his head between you and Leon. What kind of bet?"

"None of your business Hikaru." Y/N poked the older twin in the forehead.

"Hey wait a minute!" Kaoru exclaimed. "How come you knew he was Hikaru and not me?"

"Is it not obvious?" Y/N folded her arms across her chest, sending a glance at Leon as if asking for reinforcement.

"I can't tell the difference." The darker haired boy gave you a shrug.

"Hikaru's voice is an octave or two deeper than Kaoru as well as being a bit smoother. Also Kaoru nails are usually cut down to the quick from biting them. plus once you've figured out which one is which its easy to tell. since they switch the way their hair parts every other day all you have to do is keep track of that." Y/N explained like it was obvious. This was a strange thing for the twins to experience, after all nobody had ever been able to tell them apart by their physical attributes. Haruhi could tell them apart via personality, but nobody had ever really been able to tell them apart from just standing side by side.

Y/N leaned over to the younger twin and whispered, "don't tell Hikaru but you're my favorite twin." and gave him a cheeky smile before walking off to set her stuff down. Guests were now starting to arrive, and Leon found himself stuck between several different guys who were all competing for the attention of his best friend.

"Y/N, I heard that some third year confessed his love to you earlier today." Nakamura sounded a little disappointed, as if he wished he'd done it first.

"Yes he did, but luckily Kyoya was there to help me. I would have felt bad turning him down, but I just couldn't date anyone right now. I have all the company I need when you boys are around." Y/N offered the group a sweet smile, which they all gushed over, offering to feed her cake, buy her cars, and other various displays of love.

Leon was used to Y/N's fake behavior around other people. He knew why she was that way, she wanted to make people happy even if it meant she couldn't be herself. What Y/N didn't understand was that her real personality did make people happy, Leon and Mori being two of those people. It made Leon upset when he had to watch his best friend pretend to be someone else just because she thought people woudnt like her on her own. Though certain aspects of her real personality still held true in that she chose to show to others, it still wasn't her. She was so good at her practiced perfect smile, her polite laugh and her monitored speech that to anybody else they wouldn't even be able to tell. She never let herself slip up, always pretending to be perfect. It must take a lot of energy to conform to your personality to fit what you think others will like.