Chapter 2 - Friendships Forming

With that, all the first years followed McGonagall through the large oak door to the Great hall.

There were four long tables filled with older students and even candles floating in the air. All the first years were in awe when they saw the ceiling above them.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione told another girl.

"Now, will you all wait here for a moment? Professor Dumbledore has a few words to say." Professor McGonagall stopped them.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. For the first years, please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our care taker, Mr. Filch." Dumbledore gestured to him,"Has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

"Did... Did I hear him correctly?" Erica whispered to Ron.

"You heard right." Ron whispered.

That's when Erica felt a small tap on her shoulder.

She jumped and spun around,"Oh! It's you!"

"Hi." Parker waved.

"Look, you can meet my brother now!" Erica pointed excitedly.

"I'm Parker." Parker smiled and held her hand out.

"... Yeah, I'm Ron." Ron shook her hand slowly, he wasn't trusting a Malfoy.

"Now we can all be friends." Erica smiled.

"I'd like that." Parker hummed.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger?" McGonagall announced.

"Oh- Okay, relax." Hermione whispered as she walked forward.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron muttered.

"Be nice." Erica nudged him.

Ron rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Hm, let's see... Well, better be... Gryffindor!"

All of the students clapped and cheered as Hermione went to the table.

"Ahem... Draco Malfoy!" McGonagall announced.

Draco smirked as he strutted up to the sorting hat. The hat had barely touched his head when it uttered the word, "Slytherin!"

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Ron muttered to Harry.

"That's bullshit." Erica masked her comment with a cough.

Parker nudged Erica with a small smile.

"Susan Bones." McGonagall read the next name on the list.

Another ginger girl walked up to the hat and Erica turned to Parker,"She's not related to me, before you ask."

"Nah, she doesn't have the Weasley look." Parker shrugged.

"Hufflepuff!"

"Ronald Weasley." McGonagall looked towards the ginger boy.

Ron took in a deep breath before he stepped in front of the hat.

"Ha! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you... Gryffindor!!" The hat shouted.

The other students clapped for him as he smiled and joined his brothers at the table.