Chapter 47 - The Break-in

The next day, everyone had showered, got some food. They felt like themselves again. Now they needed to speak to Griphook and find out about what was inside of Bellatrix's Vault.

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"As we'll ever be." Ron sighed.

"Let's go." Parker knocked on the door.

"Come in."

The Herd walked in, closing the door behind them. Griphook was sat in a chair by the window, turned away from the Herd.

"How are you feeling, sir?" Hermione asked.

"Better than before." Griphook told her, not turning to face them.

"Well, you probably won't remember since it was so long ago-" Harry began.

"I showed you to your vault the first time you came to Gringotts." Griphook interjected,"Even amongt goblins, you're the famous Harry Potter."

"Yes... I suppose so." Harry sighed.

"You buried the elf." Griphool clasped his hands.

"It was the least we could do." Parker spoke up.

"And you brought me here. Unusual, isn't it?" Griphook asked before he gestured to the sword,"How'd you come across that sword?"

"It's complicated." Ron sighed.

"Why does my mother believe this should be in her vault?" Parker asked.

"It's complicated." Griphook shrugged.

"The sword presented itself to us at a time of need. We didn't steal it." Ron scoffed.

"There is a sword in Madame Lestrange's Vault identical to this one... But it's a fake." Griphook informed them,"It was placed there this past summer."

"She never suspected it being fake?" Parker raised a brow

"The replica is very convincing. Only a goblin could tell that this is the real Sword of Gryffindor." Griphook explained

"So who placed it there?" Hermione piped in.

"A Hogwarts Professor." Griphook told them,"Although I believe he is now Headmaster."

"Snape." Parker looked over at him.

"But why would Snape put a fake sword in Bellatrix's Vault?" Ron asked.

"To trick her." Erica crossed her arms.

"Well, we need to get into her vault." Parker shrugged.

"There are more than a few curious things in Gringotts." Griphook told her

"So tell us the dangers."

"It's impossible." Griphook shook his hesd.

"Alone, yes. But with you? No." Erica pointed.

"Who said I'd help?" Griphook blew a raspberry.

"I did." Erica muttered.

"I have gold, lots of it." Harry told Griphook.

Griphook looked over at the sword,"That's my prize. I want that, not gold."

"Hey- Don't we need that to destroy horcruxes?" Ron raised a brow.

"We don't exactly need it." Parker shrugged.

"There are other ways to destroy horcruxes but not many. Its your choice, Harry." Hermione shook her head.

Harry sighed,"You can have it."

"Oh! Oh! I have an idea for how we can get in." Erica raised her hand.