Chapter 33 - Revelation

Erica could feel her heart pounding in her head. This wasn't right, it couldn't be true.

She'd been woken in the middle of the night and was heading for McGonagall's Office- Harry had a vision of her father and it didn't sound good.

"Oh Erica, dear. Come on in." McGonagall opened the door for her.

"Professor, is it true?"

"Yes... I'm sorry, Erica." McGonagall sighed,"Your brothers, Ginny and Harry are on the way."

"Right- Right.' Erica sat down, trying to calm herself down, everything would be fine.

"It's going to be okay." McGonagall assured her.

"I know it will, it has to be." Erica nodded as the others began to filter in.

"What's happened?" Ron asked.

"Harry saw something bad happen to dsd." Erica rubbed her eyes.

"Harry?" Ron turned to him.

"He was attacked, by a snake. It was like- I saw it from the snakes point of view." Harry shook his head.

"Dumbledore told me he should be fine. Since it's Christmas time, you can all go to St. Mungos tomorrow." McGonagall assured them.

"Thanks Professor, we appreciate that." Ginny smiled softly.

"I do hope he's alright. Tell your mother to send me a letter." McGonagall nodded.

"We will." Erica told her.

"I'll let you go pack your things. I'll see you in the next term." McGonagall gave a small smile.

"Good night, Professor." George sighed as he and the others walked out.

"Dad's a fighter. You know he'll be okay." Fred looked at his younger siblings.

"Of course he will." Erica hugged him.

"You gonna be alright going back to the common room yourself? You can spend the night in our's if that makes you feel better." Ginny turned to her sister.

"I'll... I'll get my stuff ready first." Erica nodded slowly.

"Okay." Ron nodded,"You know where we are."

"That I do." Erica gave him a small smile before she walked off.

*********************************

"How much longer do we need to wait?" Molly cursed.

"Not long, mum." Fred assured her,"Dad's going to be alright."

Molly sighed and paced the room,"They're taking their bloody time."

"Mum, try to calm down." Erica looked up at her before getting up and walking down the hall.

"Erica?" Neville walked up to her.

"Neville- I didn't know you'd be here."

"We're visiting my mum and dad." Neville nodded to his stern looking grandmother beside him.

"Oh- I'm sorry." Erica shook her head, hugging his side,"How are you?"

"We come visit them every Christmas. But I'm okay... Wait- What are you doing here?"

"There was an accident at the Ministry last night, dad got hurt." Erica sighed.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah- I'm sure he will be. He has to be."

"He's a strong man." Neville agreed,"Gran, this is Erica- My friend."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Longbottom." Erica nodded with a small smile.