Chapter 31 - Scarred

Everyone had gotten off the train at Hogwarts, they were all walking as a group when Draco walked up to the Herd.

"Suprised the Ministry is still letting you walk about free Potter. Better enjoy it while you can, I heard there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Draco spat.

Harry lunged forward but Ron and Erica held him back.

"He's not worth it, mate. Don't listen to him." Ron shook his head.

"As much as I want to say he's changed? He hasn't. Draco's always going to be Draco." Parker sighed and watched as he walked off.

"Lets just get on the carriage, everything's going to be fine." Erica tried assuring the group.

"Hi Luna." Parker waved as they watched to the carriage.

"Who's that?" Ron asked quietly.

"Everyone this is Loon- Luna Lovegood." Hermione stopped.

"Ron, she's our neighbor- She's been at the house." Erica sighed,"Luna and Ginny are friends."

"I'm sorry... I'm forgetful." Ron shrugged.

"What's that pulling the carriage?" Harry blinked.

"What are you on about? There's nothing there." Ron gave him a look.

"Thestrals." Parker shrugged.

Ron squinted at the carriage but again, there was nothing pulling it.

"Dont worry, you're not going mad. I can see them too." Luna assured Harry, looking up from her magazine,"You're just as sane as I am."

"Why can't we see them?" Hermione raised a brow.

"Only people who have witnessed death are able to see them." Erica shrugged as she got on the carriage.

"Who have you seen die?" Ron blinked.

"Me- Nobody. I just know about magical creatures." Erica shook her head.

"I've saw plenty people die... Because of my dad."

"And I saw... Cedric." Harry sighed.

"Right- Sorry." Ron shook his head.

Erica patted her hands against her legs as the carriage started moving. Welp, this is awkward.

*********************************

Dumbledore began to say his beginning of the year speech only to be interrupted by a new teacher, clearing her throat.

"Who does she think she is?" Hermione muttered.

"Thank you Headmaster, for those... Kind words." She walked forward, dressed top to bottom in pink.

"Hey- I recognize her, she works at the Ministry." Harry shook his head,"This must be what Kingsley meant."

"What did he say?" Ron turned to him.

"He overheard that the Ministry was going to try and interfere with Hogwarts." Harry sighed.

"Right- I was too busy eating." Ron muttered.

"And how lovely it is to see all of your happy, smiling faces. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." Umbridge smiled.

"What am I, five?" Erica rolled her eyes.

"The Minstry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historical school... Progress for the sake of progress, must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be... Prohibited." Umbridge giggled and walked back to her seat.