Chapter 37 - Textbooks and Necklaces

Erica smiled, stood on a ledge, as she watched the students hurrying to their classes,"Heh, look at them all."

"Just cause you've got a free period." Parker chuckled, standing next to her friend.

"What about yourself, Missy. You're meant to be in potions." Erica hummed.

"I'm waiting until the crowd clears." Parker nodded.

"You'll be waiting a long time." Erica shook her head.

"Miss Malfoy." McGonagall called to her.

Parker jumped down, pushing through the crowd,"Yes Professor?"

"Arent you supposed to be in class?"

"The crowd, Professor." Parker sighed,"It's too crowded."

"Well, you better head there soon, Professor Slughorn likes people being there on time." McGonagall then looked at Erica,"And take Miss Weasley with her, she looks far too happy."

"But... She didn't pass."

"She did pass, just not at Professor Snape's standard... Professor Slughorn can be persuaded."

"Then I'll gladly take her." Parker smiled.

"Enjoy yourself." McGonagall nodded to her.

Parker waved,"Erica, you're in potions."

"Excuse me?" She blinked.

"You technically did pass." Parker nodded.

"Yeah- But Snape said I needed an Outstanding-"

"Slughorn lowered the bar so you can come." Parker smiled.

"And that's a good thing?" Erica asked slowly.

"Yes, because I don't have to deal with new teacher by myself." Parker nodded.

"Literally everyone else is in that class." Erica sighed,"Draco's in that class, our friends are there too."

"I like you the most... Please?"

Erica looked around,"Fine, but if I fail, I'm going to kill you."

"I'll help you." Parker whispered.

"Let's just go before I change my mind." Erica nudged her.

Parker smiled and took her hand, pulling her to class and slowly walking in.

Slughorn was mid-speech when he turned and saw them,"Oh, Miss Malfoy and Miss Weasley. Quick, grab a textbook from the back."

"Yes sir." Parker nodded as they walked over to the cupboard.

Inside was two books. A perfect looking one and... An old ragged one.

"You're supposed to be in the class, you take the nice one." Erica whispered.

"I don't know.." Parker tilted her head,"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, Parker. The books are both the same." Erica nodded.

Parker nodded slowly took the nice looking one.

Erica picked up the other book,"Come on, let's go."

Parker and Erica then sat down with the rest of their Herd. Slughorn then explained the lesson, if you could make a perfect Draught of Living Death... Then he would award you with one drop of Liquid Luck.

"Well, I guess you or 'Mione is gonna get a cool reward." Erica hummed as she opened her book.

"Sure." Parker chuckled as she opened her book, beginning the instructions.