Chapter 18 - Lies

Erica had waited for Parker outside her common room but she hadn't came out, they were running late. That's when the boys walked to Erica.

"Have you seen Hermione?" Ron asked.

"Mione? No. Have you boys seen Parker?" Erica questioned.

"No, we're gonna be late for Trelawney." Harry shook his head.

"Lets just go." Erica sighed.

"We'll meet them somewhere." Harry shrugged.

"Its not like them, to be late." Ron commented as they walked.

"That's what I'm saying." Harry held his hands up.

"I mean, I get not wanting to go to Divination but bailing on us?" Erica crossed her arms as she climbed the stairs

"We can argue with them later." Ron nodded as they walked in the class.

"Exactly." Erica mumbled as she took a seat, hoping nobody would notice their lateness.

"Hi Erica." Neville waved.

"Hey Nev." She smiled at him.

"Where were you?"

"Waiting on Parker and Hermione." Erica sighed.

"Parker and Hermione who are... There?" Neville pointed to beside Erica, the girls getting their books out

Erica narrowed her eyes at the pair,"We agreed to meet up."

"We got here early." Hermione shrugged

"No one was at this table when we got here?" Harry blinked.

"Harry... We were here." Parker looked at them.

Erica stayed quiet, her arms crossed. Her and Parker always met up before class, that was their thing. And now her and Hermione made them late?

"I'm sorry, Erica." Parker took Erica's hand, "But look what I brought." She held out her rock from Egypt.

"Mhm." Erica nodded.

"I've been taking good care of him."

"You said we'd meet up."

"I know, Hermione wanted to get here early and the boys weren't up. So I met up with her and totally forgot. I'm sorry, we'll meet up tomorrow."

"Okay." Erica nodded, it wasn't what she wanted to say but she didn't want to start an argument.

"You are all in grave danger!" Trelawney shouted, waving her hands in the air.

"Isn't that welcoming." Ron muttered.

*********************************

Soon enough, they had rushed out of Divination and they began walking to outside to Hagrids class. It was the first class he must've had in years.

"That grim thing with Harry wouldn't have anything to do with Sirius Black, right?" Ron looked at everyone.

"Knowing Harry's luck.." Erica looked over at him.

"Thanks Er." Harry sighed.

"Its true, you have terrible luck."

"Tell me about it." Hermione nodded.

"She has a point, mate." Ron patted his back.

"Well, I'd rather not be in Divination, Ancient Runes is cooler." Hermione added.

"Ancient runes?" Erica raised a brow.

"That's on at the same time as Divination." Harry looked back.

"Is it? I'm not so sure." Hermione shook her head.