Chapter 31

+++++++

"As you all know this was the final exam of they year, if you studied then you have nothing to worry about, and if you didn't..... Well anyway get out and enjoy summer. See you all next year!" The teacher said leaving the classroom. Everyone jumped up from there chair and started talking and chatting about what they where going to do that summer. "Hey Steve! What do you think we should do now that summers begun?" Eddie asked eagerly. "I mean we could go to the pool like normal people-" before I could finish Eddie was pushed to the ground "That would he nice munson, but did you forget, you're not a normal person, you're a freak!" Jason said laughing. I pushed Jason back and he hit his head on the hard ground. Eddie jumped up and grabbed my hand, he ran out of school dragging me along with him. We ran all the way to skull Rock and sat down together. After a few seconds of silence Eddie turned his head and asked "Hey Steve?" "Yeah?" "If I ever went missing, do you know where you would find me?" "I..... no?" "You'd find me right here. You know why?" Eddie asked smiling. 

"No.... am I missing something?" I asked confused "you see that?" Eddie asked pointing at a scratch on one of the rocks. I nodded my head and Eddie sat me up. He rushed me ontop of the largest rocks and sat me upside down. "Can you read it now?" He asked smiling. I stared at it for a few seconds before realising what the scratches really where. "E+S". "I worte that when I was around 11 years old, I was always so jealous about the stupid girls fawning over you and I would NEVER understand it because you would always smell like hairspray and wear the same stupid polo shirt everyday and yet one day we where on the playground and Jason decided he wanted to pick on me. I was picking flowers and placing them in a bag so I could give them to my mum, who was at the hospital at the time. And Jason took the bag and he threw it over the fence so I couldn't get it anymore. I was crying in a corner when suddenly you showed up and you gave me a dandelion, and I didnt know what to do so I took it and ran off. That's when I came here, I noticed a knife on the ground, I used it to carve those letters into the rock. I got scared though so I flipped it upside down and thought it wasn't obvious enough for anyone to see." Eddie said gripping my hand.

 My eyes teared up when I realised how ignorant I had been on that day of the playground. "Eddie, I can't imagine how mediocre my life would be without you." I said smiling through tears of joy. "Steve..... I was so scared that you would hate me for that rock, I was so scared that you wouldn't accept the fact... I'm gay, but now I found out you are to and its all so crazy! I didn't except you to be okay with it. There isint much people who are." Eddie said with tears rolling down his eyes. "One day Eddie, I promise you we will kiss in broad daylight and noone will say anything about it, one day noone will bat an eye! We just have to wait a bit. But until then, we'll stay like this, we'll stay..... Inlove" I said holding his hand. "Steve. I don't think I've ever met someone I love as much as I love you." Eddie said burying his head in my chest. I held him tightly and said "I feel the exact same way about you Eddie. I feel the exact same about you."