Chapter 55

(Just letting you know, this fanfic is gonna be a little... lore-y. So... keep an eye out for references through songs or lines cus theyll probably be hinting at something... you never know... but anyway ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!)

They were halfway through the movie, it was some trashy horror film so steve wasn't that scared by it but Eddie for some reason was. He kept jolting slightly but he wasn't trying to make it obvious, "Eddie you can be scared you know." Steve told him. "I'm not scared!" He lied. Steve laughed and he moved closer to Eddie, he held Steve's hand and gripped it tightly. Steve blushed and kissed Eddie's cheek. "Hey sweetheart, I know you're scared so do you want to be less scared by having an edible?" Eddie asked looking up at steve. "Oh I'm scared?" Steve asked sarcastically. "Yeah but it's nothing to be ashamed of!" Eddie said, steve rolled his eyes and agreed to having one.

++++++

"Why do I sell these things? I should keep them for myself." Eddie giggled. He was laying on the ground with his arms in the air and his eyes red and wide.

He was acting adorably.

"You're funny" steve said. Eddie laughed and got up from the floor, he slowly walked over to his room and came back out with a hairbrush. "What are you doing?" Steve asked confused, "Jus' give me a second" He said sitting down beside steve. He started fiddling with Steve's hair before brushing through it, "your hair is very silky, hah that's a funny word." Eddie said. "You're so aloof" Steve laughed. "What does that mean?" Eddie asked putting the brush down. "You don't know what aloof means?" Steve asked. "I'm sorry okay! I'm stupid." "Eddie you're not stupid-" "I am actually. I got 50's in all my exams, I'm genuinely so stupid if I was a dog I would be put down. It's nice that my uncle has patience with me, I guess he knows that I have the attention span of an..... I don't know a leaf?" Steve turned around to face him. "Eddie, you aren't stupid you're just a weirdo." Steve said to him. "Pfft, sweetheart I'm both of those things. I'm not a weirdo actually, I'm a freak. And I've been reminded that every day of my useless fucking life." He told Steve.

He held back tears.

"Eddie, I know you think of yourself as a freak, but you're not just a freak, you're... my freak." "That is the corniest thing I've ever heard." Eddie said. He smiled and put his hairbrush down, even though steve was extremely high he could tell Eddie was upset. He asked him if he was okay but he brushed steve off by saying he was. Eddie sat down next to Steve and wrapped his arms around him, he kissed steve and ended burying himself in his chest. He wasn't trying to make it obvious but steve could feel tears soaking up in his shirt, "sweetheart? Are you alright?" Steve asked But before Steve even asked, Eddie was already asleep.