Chapter 42

Eddie's pov:

Why couldn't I belive him? What's wrong with me. Why can't I just belive that he loves me back, he's been so nice to me and yet there was something in the back of my head telling me that it was all bullshit. Telling me that he didn't really feel anything towards me. Before I knew it Steve hugged me and we fell onto my bed, "Eddie I love you so much." Steve said tightening his hug. Those words for some reason felt, so fake, yet so real. They felt like he wanted me to belive it, they felt like he wanted me to know he loved me. And in that moment, I feel like I did. I felt like he truly loved me. I hugged him back even tighter and kissed him softly. "I love you more Steve." I said. I woke up and noticed Steve wasn't in bed, I stood up and went to the bathroom to see Steve styling his hair. "Hey sweetie, I've decided to do it today." Steve said. "Do..... what?" I asked half asleep. "I'm gonna tell my parents about us." "Oh wow. Do you want me to come with you?" I asked. "Yeah! I mean only if you want to though." He said.

Steve's pov:

Eddie's face lit up with joy and he hugged me, "I'll get dressed!" He said running to his room. I finished doing my hair and saw Eddie waiting for me outside and pacing. "You ready?" I asked. Eddie nodded and jumped in the car excitedly. We arrived and Eddie looked at me happily but when he looked back at my house his face dropped and became scared. "Eddie, I'm ready to take us to like the next level. Are you?" I asked. Eddie opend the door of the car and turned back to me, he smiled,nodded and closed the door. "Hey dad, mum..... can we talk?" I asked closing the front door. My father gave Eddie a look of disgust before sitting down on the couch with my mother. I sat down across from them and Eddie sat down next to me, he noticed I was nervous and held my hand. "You're handsy aren't you munson." My father said. Eddie's jaw clenched but he stayed quiet, "I've got something to tell you." I said. My mother's eyes widened and she muttered "oh my fucking god" under her breath. "Jesus christ munson what did you do to him?" My father asked angryly. "What? Eddie didn't do anything to me!" I shouted. "Well we sure as hell didn't raise you like this!" "Oh shut up." Eddie responded. "Excuse me?" My mother said. 

"I said shut up! You have no right to say you 'didn't raise him like this' because you didn't raise him at all! You are never home, Steve has slept at my place for around a month straight now and I bet you didn't even realise! God you two are unbelievable honestly, I've met children who are more responsible then you two! You two are honestly the worst parents I've ever seen!" 

Eddie shouted angrily. My father stood up red and grabbed Eddie by his collar, "As if you know what good parents are munson. You're mum was the whore of Hawkins before she died and you're dad's the person that killed her." He said. Eddie froze in his place before getting out of my dad's grip and running out of the house. "I am never speaking to you again. You two make me sick." I said. My mother grabbed my shirt and looked me in my eyes, "you ought to never show your face in this house again until you break up with that freak, ya hear?" She said gritting her teeth. I slapped her hand away from me and said "not a problem."