Chapter 52

"Take a step back, step forward and swing." Steve kept repeating. Eddie did as Steve told him and after a while he went to sit down. "You're getting good at this sweetheart." He said patting Eddie on the back. "Remember when I told you you where the only thing I still truly love?" Eddie asked. Steve nodded. "How could I forget it was like two days ago." "If I knew that loving you ment teaching me how to fight I would not love you as much as I do." Eddie joked. "You asked for this, if you want next I can teach you how to use a knife." He replied. Before Eddie could respond his uncle came home, "morning Steve, morning pain in my ass. How are yall doing?" He asked tossing his keys down on the coffee table. "Steve's teaching me how to fight." Eddie replied. "Speaking of Steve, I hope I'm not intruding or anything but..... I've noticed your sleeping here alot. Y'know I'm fine with it but I just wanna know what's happening." He said. Steve grabbed Eddie's hand tightly. "Oh god I'm gonna get kicked out aren't I?" Steve asked. "the fuck? Kid you're obviously going though some stuff, sit down on the couch let's talk." Eddie's uncle said. Steve gave Eddie a concerned look before Eddie whispered in his ear, "don't worry, my uncles like a therapist at this point, he's the reason I don't go to the guidance counsler." He said. Steve sat down on the sofa and Eddie sat down next to him. he placed his hand on steves thigh reassuring steve that it was going to be okay. 

"So...... I was tired of hiding Eddie.... and myself from my parents. And I didn't want to hide from them anymore, so I told them. And my father....... Well long story short they kicked me out of the house." Steve said choking on his tears. "Steve's been staying here for a few weeks now." Eddie said pulling Steve closer to him for comfort. Wayne patted Steve's shoulder, "for one thing your parents are peices of shit. For another, you can stay here for as long as you want. This peice of shit trailer is always open to you." He said comforting him. "T-thank you." Steve said with his head buried in his hands. "And for another thing. You are extremely brave for telling your parents." Wayne said. Steve smiled and Eddie hugged him tighter.

+++++++

"Toss the knife, catch, swing and stab." Steve repeated. Eddie repeated what steve had told him and pulled the knife back out, "good. You're surprisingly great at this." Steve said happily. "Hm you think I could take you out?" Eddie asked sarcastically. Steve wrapped his arms around eddie and winked, "if you tried hard enough I bet you could tackle me." He said with a grin on his face. "Love birds your tall and short friends are here!" Wayne shouted from the living room. "Well after learning that your uncle calls me your 'tall friend' I finally made it to the absolute shit hole that's your bedroom! Who's up for the arcade?" Robin asked. "My room is not a shithole-" "Edward admit it that place smells like my ex wife's body is rotting under your bed!" Wayne shouted cutting Eddie off. Steve let out a chuckle and Eddie rolled his eyes. "Eddie deserves to go to his little nerd cave considering all the fighting he's been doing." Steve said grabbing his jacket.