Chapter 34

Steve's pov:

I woke up at around 1:30, just in time to feed Gary, I opened his cage and placed a few lizards for him to eat, luckily Eddie knew I hated those things so he told me I didn't have to feed Gary live lizards.

I was cleaning Eddie's room a bit when I got to his calender, I was going to throw it out when I noticed one of the dates circled with a few words written on it. 'June 23rd, visit mum's grave' oh god. That's where there going, that's why Eddie didn't tell me.

Eddie's pov:

"Do you want me to wait in the car?" My uncle asked. "If you want you can, I'll make this quick don't worry." I said. I closed the car door and walked over to her grave. I pulled out the rose I had and placed it down on the ground. Reluctantly I started walking back to the car, but before I could take a few steps I started crying. I couldn't keep walking because I didn't want Wayne to noticed so I turned back around but it was too late. "Eddie are you okay?" He asked. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." I said wiping the tears from my eyes. "Eddie you don't have to be sorry and you know that." "It's my fault she's dead, and the worst part is she'll never know I'm sorry, she'll never know how much I hate myself for it." "Eddie, let's just get you home." My uncle said trying to comfort me. We put his hand on my shoulder and led me to the car, I sat down and crumpled the tissue in my hand. My uncle started the car and I silently cried. We got back to the trailer and my uncle dropped me off since he had to go to work.

Steve's pov:

I was sketching something on Eddie's notepad when I heard the door open, it was still 3 so it couldn't be Eddie, but when I went out of his room I saw him. "Hey Eddie are you okay?" I asked. His eyes met mine and he walked up to me, he hugged my tightly. I hugged him back and asked "do you want to talk about it?". He shook his head and we walked over to his room, "this looks clean." Eddie said in a sullen tone. "Do you.... like it?" I asked, through tears he smiled and nodded. He layed down on his bed and I layed down next to him. "Eddie I don't know what happend today, you don't have to talk about it, but just know, no matter what. I'll love you and I'll always be here for you." I said grabbing his hand. "I love you." Eddie said. He cried and I pulled him in closer. He fell asleep with his head buried in my chest and I shortly fell asleep after him.

(Sorry for all this angst I'm feeling angsty 😻)