4*

Conan (Present Day)

So now you know. The story that turned my life upside down in the matter of an hour on a godforsaken day that I wasn't meant to live through freely.

"Conan, honey you haven't eaten all day, nor did you eat dinner last night. I brought it home for you so please, just eat the damn food!" Mom slightly yelled in frustration.

"Fine. I guess I just haven't been hungry. I don't know. I'll eat it." She looked down in guilt for yelling at me.

"Look, if this is about your dad-"

"It's not mom." She nodded and turned to walk out.

*

After I ate, Heather texted me and said she was coming over. I texted her in approval that mom was going to be at work for the rest of the night. I also told her she could stay over for the night if she wanted and she said yes.

*

"Hey Cone', I missed you!" She smiled as she pulled me in for a long hug.

"We just seen each other yesterday afternoon." I laughed as she looked down in embarrassment.

"Oops, well... I brought snacks!" Her face lit up as I smiled brightly.

"Really! What kind?" I asked as we walked to the sitting room.

"Chips, gummies, and a family size pack of twix." I nodded and giggled.

"Perfect. What do you want to do?" She shrugged.

"Watch a movie?" She nodded and we got covers and pillows and got comfortable on the couch.

"What move though?" She asked as she opens a bag of gummy worms.

"No clue, someone said there is a new movie out now. I think it's called The Black Phone." She nodded and I put the movie on my laptop.

*

After the movie ended, Heather and I got ready for bed. I offered to give her my bed but she kindly declined, saying she would just take the couch so I agreed.

*

Heather

Conan offered to sleep on the couch and tried to give me his room but I declined since he always complains about his back hurting. I got ready for bed and put on some sleeping clothes and I soon fell asleep after Conan checked in on me.

*

I woke up to the smell of bacon an sausage. I sat up as I noticed Conan in the kitchen.

"Good Morning! I was going to let you sleep in since we stayed up late last night." He said from across the room.

"Oh, Good Morning... did you have coffee or something." He nodded.

"Sorry about all of the coffee cups half full sitting around. It's a bad habit of mine."

"Conan, I've known you for 13 years. I know." We both laughed a little and I got up to walk over to him.

*

After we ate, we decided to go shopping at the nearest mall.

Conan got a few pairs of loose leg jeans and I got a couple shirts and a pair of leggings. Then we went to get something for lunch at the food court. I order some teriyaki chicken with a medium sweet tea and Conan got chicken alfredo with a large Dr. Pepper. We enjoyed our lunch and went back to shopping for a few things for my new apartment.

The rest of the day was us being idiots, forgetting how to use a credit card, and Conan's bag ripping and spilling out everywhere in the parking lot in front of an old lady who wasn't to pleased. She threatened to run over his things and he stuck up the middle finger causing her to scoff and walk off. Someone must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

We had a lot of fun and decided to go back to my apartment to help me put away the new things I got.

*

A/N- I stg if yall are naming those damn stars- lol.

I'm so tragically sorry that these past 2 chapters have been short as hell but ive been moving lately and I promise coming up chapters will be much longer.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, if so then please vote, comment, and follow :)

-T Xx