Chapter Three - The Boy With His Car

[16. August 2022]

I looked at my phone. I put it down on the table. A few seconds later I looked at my phone again. Still no message from Taehyun.

It had been two days now and he still hadn't text back. I didn't text him again myself, because I thought he wouldn't want to help me if I nagged him about it all the time.

The café I was sitting in was in the center of town and I could see the passers-by wandering through the streets from my table.

Since meeting Taehyun at the skate park, I hadn't come across any of the other guys.

Kai didn't come to work yesterday, so I didn't get the chance to talk to him. The boss just told me that he went on sick leave and that hopefully he'll be back by the end of the week or he'll be out of the job. After that, he complained about Kai and threatened to give him night shifts even though the shop closes at 8pm.

I've only been working there for a few weeks and I already know that it was perhaps the worst decision I've ever made. With a boss like that, I'd take sick leave too, to be honest.

Kai had been scolded by the boss before and he never gave any indication that it bothered him, let alone that he spoke back. He seemed more like the type who didn't care and would still continue to work there normally no matter how many times he got snapped at. Or maybe he just couldn't afford to change jobs. At least that's how it is for me.

After putting my phone back on the table for the tenth time now, I heard someone enter the cafe.

The customer put his right arm on the counter to lean against it, his legs casually bent and his gaze focused on the empty counter. His eyes then wandered around the room, examining it for a waiter, and I caught a glimpse of his face.

He had black, styled hair that hung halfway down his face and reached to his fox-like eyes. I detected a slight red eye make-up on his eyelids and a cut adorned his right brow that went diagonally through it.

Under his right eye I also detected a small birthmark. His lips were plump and had an unusual shape that screamed perfection in itself. This person was the definition of 'beautiful'. He was attractive and handsome and exuded a certain coolness that further emphasized his attractiveness.

His presence seemed to make everything else in the room look small and not just because he was quite tall, but because his charisma also intimidated me to some extent. You could tell that his exterior was hiding something, he seemed inscrutable. Judging by his facial expression, he was not in a good mood, perhaps because the waiter had still not come back from whatever he was doing except standing in front of the cash register.

My phone vibrated and I blinked a few times to clear my mind. This boy's appearance had given me more feelings of happiness than the monthly salary from the cafe where I worked. That's because I hadn't even received my monthly salary yet.

He must not have noticed me staring at him, because when the waiter returned, he turned back to the counter and finally placed his order. Meanwhile, I looked at the message I got. It was from Taehyun.

Taehyun

Yeonjun is going to Le Cafe in Yongsan-gu.

He texted me 10 minutes ago so he should 

already be there.

I stared at the display with a confused look. I looked at the handsome boy in front of me who was ordering a coffee. I looked at the message again. I read the message from letter to letter. Just to be sure, I glanced up at the monitor hanging above the counter, because I could clearly read the name of the café there in bold letters.