Chapter Twenty - Escape The Elders

I arrived at the ground and felt the small stones on the ground digging into my feet, as I didn't have time to put on my shoes and therefore had to jump out of the window with only socks on. I made a slightly pained face, went back up from my crouch and rubbed my hands on my trousers.

Bouncing on one leg at a time, I then put my shoes back on hurriedly, meanwhile getting used to the darkness that surrounded me. The moon gave me some light, but I could only make out where I was with a lot of effort. After a while, I heard Yeonjun come down beside me on the ground. He stood up again and looked up at the window of his room.

My legs led me carefully to Yeonjun and when I was close enough to him, I tapped his arm. Yeonjun then turned his body towards me and held onto my arms, but continued to peer in at his fully lit room.

"Is everything okay?" He then asked me after turning away from the window for a moment.

"Yes-." My sentence was interrupted by Yeonjun's father forcibly opening the door to the room and storming into it.

"Fuck. Come on." He rushed and we ran away. I didn't know exactly where we were running to, mainly because it was pitch black and I couldn't see anything, but also because I only knew that we were behind the apartment buildings and nothing more.

I kept my eyes on Yeonjun's shoes because he was the only one who knew where we were going and the only one I could see faintly in the dark. I was so careful not to lose sight of him that I already perceived him as part of the darkness and then, when he suddenly stopped running, I ran straight into his back and we both stopped moving.

"Ouch, sorry. I'm not so good with the dark."

"I can feel that." He groaned painfully and turned to face me. I looked at him apologetically, but he probably couldn't see it anyway.

After he got used to the pain in his back, he took my hand in his warm one and then walked with me at walking pace to the nearest streetlight. By the time we were standing under it, I could see Yeonjun clearly again. He then let go of my hand and scratched the back of his head absentmindedly, looking off into the distance.

"Well, I'm having a hard time getting the car keys now. Driving you home is probably not going to work."

"Is that why you told me to take my shoes to your room? In case we might have to escape out of your window?" I interrupted his train of thought, slightly annoyed by the constant running away.

"Among other things."

"And what would be the other thing?"

Now he looked at my face and noticed how pissed off I was by the action. His posture was casual, bracing his left hand on his hip and looking at me with a composed expression.

"In case your parents find out you have someone over? Are you afraid your parents will find out who you hang out with and then think they're a bad influence for you? Because if that's the case, I can assure you that I'm not the bad influence and definitely you're the one who makes a good bad influence, if you know what I mean. Or is it because-"

Yeonjun interrupted my annoying questioning by quickly placing his lips on mine after he sighed in annoyance. Another explosion of mixed feelings of happiness overwhelmed me and I couldn't think straight. His hands were placed on my cheeks and they were so warm. Why were his hands so warm? Again I felt his soft lips but I knew that this kiss would not last as long as the first.

Yeonjun moved away from me again, letting his hands fall from my cheeks and looking into my eyes warily.

"Now will you please be quiet for a second?" He asked me, waiting for a reaction. I just nodded disoriented, still stunned by the sudden kiss. Yeonjun exhaled once briefly and looked around thoughtfully again.