Chapter Forty Three - Back To Where We Were

[8. October 2022]

I lay on my bed, looking at Yeonjun who was sleeping next to me. It must have been early in the morning because the sun was shining out of the window, but no rays of sunlight were shining directly into the room.

His sleeping gaze looked so calm and pretty. The look at him gave me the urge to touch him, feel his smooth skin and his squishy cheeks. I wanted to touch his lips and feel the softness of them on the tips of my fingers. I had missed looking at him from up close.

He drove me home, insisted on doing it without taking in any kind of rejection from my side. He said that I wouldn't really love him if I refused his suggested service. Of course it was a joke, but I still thought about whether it was already the right time to turn this topic into a humorous act.

On the way, I debated if I should ask him to stay at mine. I couldn't decipher how the mood was between us and if it was okay to ask such questions. At the end, I asked anyway. And he said yes.

Now he was laying beside me, sleeping. His right hand rested under the pillow his head laid at and his other hand between us next to his stomach. His breathing was steady and calm. Nothing on his face was strained, it was all soothed out and full of peace. I wondered if he also had so many sleepless nights as I did the last few weeks.

I reached my right hand over to his face and gently touched the little hair strand that covered one of his eyes. I brushed his hair behind his ear, some remained there and some fell back in front of his eye. I didn't mind, I could look at his beautiful face either way.

My fingers wandered down to his cheek, caressing it, feeling it. It was smooth, it was soft. Yeonjun still didn't wake up, so I let my fingers run down his jaw and over to his plump lips. My thumb placed itself on his bottom lip and moved itself from one side to the other. His lips were never the slightest rough. They were always soft and plump and squishy. They were perfect to kiss.

I continued to investigate his face with my fingers, brushed away another hair strand, ran my fingers over his brows, moved them along the bridge of his nose until my fingers remained on touching his soft cheek. Then I saw Yeonjun slowly open his eyes.

I flicked back my hand to myself and stared into his eyes in shock. I hoped that he didn't catch me, but the mild grin on his face told me that he had felt every little touch of my fingers on him.

He didn't say a thing to my touchy investigations and only put his hand around my waist to pull me closer to him. Yeonjun closed his eyes again and smiled at himself in delight, rubbing his hand up and down my back. Then he opened his eyes again and looked at me.

"I will never not love you staring at me." He whispered and I blushed at that.

"One of us must be the staring one."

"You think that I never stare at you?" Yeonjun asked with a confused look on his face paired with an amused smile. I shook my head and he let out a chuckle.

"You are so oblivious." He continued chuckling and I held my hand before my face, hiding my embarrassment.

"If we are being honest right now then I can also admit that I do stare at you regularly." I said from behind my hand.

"I know that."

"But I never admitted that." I pulled my hand away and looked into his eyes.

"You are attractive. How can I not stare at you?" A grin formed on his lips.

"Of course I'm attractive, why else should you especially stare at me?" I hit his shoulder lightly at his narcissistic comment, but also laughed at it as I loved his self-centered comments.