Chapter Twenty Eight - Truth Never Dare

My hands automatically guided the can to my lips and I started chugging down the whole liquid inside of it. My eyes avoided anyones gazes and my mind only focused on drinking the can empty.

But before I could even get halfway to my goal, a soft, dainty hand settled on the lid of the can and gently pushed it away from my lips and back down into my lap. Throughout the whole movement, Yeonjun was smiling half amused and half apologetic to the others, not saying anything further to that information or my reaction.

Beomgyu knew what he was aiming at with that question, yet he was still surprised at that clear answer. His big eyes and lit up expression said it all. Kai held back another laughter and he would have laughed sooner or later when Taehyun wouldn't have interrupted the awkward silence.

"Ew, more romance and I puke on the carpet. Continue with the game now. Please."

The bottle got spun again and it landed on Beomgyu.

"Dare!" He spat out and couldn't sit still anymore.

"I got one." Kai said and stood up in the same second.

He left the room for about a minute, leaving us four with questioned looks. When Kai came back, he had a salt shaker in one hand and a glass full of ice cubes in the other. He sat himself back down beside Beomgyu and handed him the salt and ice, a wide grin filling his gaze with mischief.

"I don't get it." Beomgyu was puzzled. He looked at the things in Kai's hands and wondered what they together could accomplish.

"Ohh, but I get it." Yeonjun exclaimed joyfully and moved closer to the two of them. He took the salt shaker and the glass from Kai and laughed loudly.

I watched as Yeonjun put a small heap of salt on Beomgyu's right hand, while Kai pulled out a big ice cube from the glass. Both of them had that sardonic expression on their faces. I knew it from Yeonjun, but I didn't expect Kai to be a mere clone of him. Actually, after everything that happened with Kai, I should have expected it.

Yeonjun grabbed Beomgyu's right hand and held it tightly in his grip. Beomgyu's puzzled and now quite frightened gaze was locked on his hand as he wondered what the two devils would do next.

Kai and Yeonjun looked at each other, giving themselves mischievous gazes that gestured to them to start the dare Beomgyu was so anticipated on just a few moments ago.

The taller one reached his hand with the ice cube in it over to Beomgyu's right hand and started pushing the ice cube as hard on top of the salt as possible. Seconds later, Beomgyu was screaming out in pain and tried to pull away his right hand out of Yeonjun's grip, but he couldn't escape it.

Beomgyu yanked on Kai's arm but just like Yeonjun, Kai was too strong and could easily withhold Beomgyu's attempt to save himself from the pain. The whole procedure only ended up in Beomgyu grabbing Kai's free hand in pain, clutching it tightly to withstand it.

Through the room echoed the laughter of Yeonjun and Kai, mixing with the screams from the boy between them.

"OKAY, OKAY! STOP, STOP, STOP!" Beomgyu yelled at them with his eyes shut.

Kai took the ice cube off of Beomgyu's hand and Yeonjun let go of him at the same moment. Beomgyu quickly pulled his hand close to his chest and clenched it into a fist.

"You could have warned me!" Beomgyu yelled fully offended and backed off a little to make enough space between the two and his right hand.

"But it wouldn't have been that funny then." Kai replied, his grin all over his face.

Beomgyu pouted at his hand and said nothing further. He wiped the remaining salt off his hand on his pants and started sulking at the two mischieviously grinning people next to him.

Yeonjun and Kai were still quietly chuckling at each other, while I stared at them attentively. I was the only one except for Kai who noticed Beomgyu still holding Kai's hand.

"Okay. As Eve is the only one left, let's just ask right away." Kai brought his full attention to me, his eyes sparkling with expectancy.

"Well, after seeing that torture, I will definitely not pick dare." I explained and stood with my point. I thought it would be Beomgyu who would want me to avoid picking dare, but it was Kai who was the actual insane person.

"I have a question." Yeonjun said beside me, making me shift my attention to him hesitantly.

I realized how long I avoided his gaze on me. Since I came back from the bathroom, I didn't look him long in the eyes when he had his eyes fixed at me. His expression was calm and reassuring. Maybe assuring me that the question wouldn't be such a torture than it was with Beomgyu's task. Howsoever a truth task can be in any way the same torture than such a dare task.

"Who was your first kiss?"

I hate him.

Yeonjun smiled at me kindly, with no sardonic expression or any mischief shown in his gaze. There was only softness, kindness and curiosity in his eyes. For a brief moment the question felt less embarrassing and the nervousness didn't exist for a glimpse second. If it weren't for the other three people in the room of whom two of them had these smiles on their faces that I hated so much.

My voice was only a whisper, but it was loud enough to get heard by Yeonjun and the rest in the room.

"I have only kissed one person so far."

I pulled one leg close to my chest and let the can rest on my knee while I hid my lips by pressing them onto the lid of the can. I stared up into Yeonjun's eyes, which were forming slightly into little crescent moons, while the corner of his lips turned a bit upwards.

"So? You didn't answer the question." Beomgyu claimed pushily, with confusion plastering his gaze. Kai nudged his shoulder in understanding and after that it got quiet again.

Or at least I thought it was quiet as I couldn't remember hearing anything beside my quickly beating heart and the blood swirling through my veins with immense speed.

It was true. Yeonjun is the only person I had ever kissed. He is my first kiss and currently my only one. I have never kissed anyone else.

I never kissed Sunoo. There were times where I almost kissed him, but I guess it was never the right time for that. And now that he is gone, there would never be the right time or any time for that.

My mind couldn't perceive if it was bugging me or not. I could have waited another six months for him until he was ready for it. But according to his plans, he was never ready.

Never for anyone, or just for me? I don't know.

"Ugh, finally." Taehyun grunted and came out of his push-up position. His head has gotten fully red by now.

"Oh my- I think I need to puke."

"Not on my carpet!" Beomgyu yelled out and jumped up from his sitting position, ready to throw Taehyun out the room. The smaller one held his hand towards him, gesturing to him that everything was fine and that Beomgyu didn't need to come over to him.

Whilst the others were arguing about if Taehyun got any permanent damage from the push-up he was doing for way too long, my eyes were fixed at the can in my hands. I had changed my sitting position back to my legs being crossed so that I could place the can more comfortably in my lap.

I stared at the lid and thought about the question that Yeonjun had asked me just now. I never thought about it for very long. Yes, I noticed that he was my first ever kiss, and it wasn't weird for my first relationship to not have a kiss be a part of it. It wasn't unnormal. But it raised questions. And worries.

Worries that were worth drinking to.