Epilogue - Lo$er=Lo♡er

I sat in the middle of the backseat, around me chatter and laughter. I had to hold in a chuckle while I watched Kai bickering behind me. He wasn't so happy about his place to sit. The others though were very delighted by the sight of him and so was I.

"Very funny, guys. I can't breathe from laughter." Kai said with a monotonous voice and looked at us with a straight face. Beomgyu sat beside me and laughed so loud he was almost screaming. He had turned his body around to Kai and couldn't express his malicious joy any more exaggeratingly.

Yeonjun's car only had space for five people and Taehyun had the idea of playing rock, paper, scissors to determine who had to sit in the boot. All for Kai's loss as he was the chosen one. But I guess that Beomgyu's joy at Kai's unlucky day was more annoying for him than the fact that he sat in the boot right now.

"Okay, we get it." Kai exclaimed and shoved Beomgyu's face away with his hand so that he faced forward again.

Yeonjun had watched all the fun and bickering through the rear view mirror with a wide grin on his face. Soobin, who sat in the passenger seat, had turned his head around to us to watch it all from up close. Everyone was laughing, despite Kai.

"Why can't Eve sit in the freaking boot? She is the smallest out of all here!"

"But I didn't lose in rock, paper, scissors." I argued, facing Kai. He only babbled after me and tried in vain to find a comfortable sitting position.

"Kai has a point, maybe you should swap." Soobin spoke up and I looked at him in betrayal.

"Why do you side with him all of a sudden?" He chuckled as an answer and tried to convince everyone how I secretly cheated to win.

"How am I supposed to cheat on rock, paper, scissors?!"

"We should play again and make sure that no one cheats." Kai said and eyed me specifically.

"But I didn't cheat!"

"No! I don't wanna lose my seat!" Beomgyu voiced his concern and voted strictly against a redo of rock, paper, scissors.

"Would you rather sit next to me or next to Eve?" Kai asked Beomgyu with big eyes, hoping for something that Beomgyu was too oblivious to notice.

"I would rather sit next to Taehyun than next to any of you!"

"What did I do wrong now?" I asked in his direction and he just grinned at me mischievously.

"You are taking up space."

"How am I taking up space?!"

"Hey, Hey! Stop bickering now and quit bugging my girlfriend or else I'm kicking you all out!" Yeonjun looked over his shoulder and silenced us.

"I didn't do a thing." Taehyun argued and lifted his hands up in defense.

"You especially." Yeonjun spoke and turned around to face forward again.

"If you are all fine with it, I would like to start driving now."

Without a counterword, Yeonjun turned the ignition key and started the engine of his car. When he turned the steering wheel around, I could feel Kai blowing against my hair, expressing his upset perceptible.

I swung my head around to him and glared at him fiercely, but he responded to my visible annoyance by blowing in my face, just as he did to the back of my head. I blew into his face just as he did and we continued bugging each other until Yeonjun voiced to us to quit it.

I turned my body around again and glared through the rear view mirror and into Yeonjun's face. Our eyes met and I could see him smiling cutely at me. I couldn't resist but smile at him back, but my face was still plastered with annoyance, making Yeonjun laugh at the look I gave him.

In the car appeared a calm silence, interrupted by quiet chatter between Soobin and Yeonjun as well as Kai and Beomgyu. I looked to the side and saw Taehyun toying with the bracelet around his wrist.

"Beomgyu had already dumped his." He whispered to me and stared at the bracelet with his six pendants.

"Do you want to throw yours away?" I asked him.

"I don't know."

"You don't have to."

Taehyun looked up from his hands and at me. He was pondering about something, but I didn't know what it was about. He wasn't particularly sad looking, but really joyful wasn't his gaze either. Then he opened the clasp of the bracelet and took it off. He handed it to me and I accepted it with questioning eyes.

"You take it. But don't lose it." I looked at him for a moment and thought of what best to say.

"Okay." I whispered and closed my hand with the bracelet in it.

I now had two of their bracelets, one from Taehyun and one from Sunoo. They were important for them once. But were they ever important to me? Did these bracelets ever mean something significant to me? Maybe.

But these bracelets are meaningless now. Sunoo abandoned his' and the others did too. These bracelets are now just fragments of a once vibrant friendship in this fucked up world that is now just as abandoned as the old swimming pool building, just as fucked up as everything else.

And these fragments are now in my care. Whatever that has to mean. I look in the rear-view mirror and look into Yeonjun's face. His crescent eyes meet mine and the sight of them is enough for me to know that he is smiling brightly and feeling happy. And the sight of him being happy made me happy. And seeing the others being just as happy made me even happier.

I don't know if the happiness will last forever or if it will disappear again, like it happened back then. But it didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was us driving in Yeonjun's car, going to a place beyond this fucked up world.

 The only thing that mattered was us driving in Yeonjun's car, going to a place beyond this fucked up world

///

I actually thought about writing a sequel because I already have lots of ideas for it, but I'm still debating if I should do that hence the little attention this book got on Wattpad and AO3.

But I'm open to your opinions on that :)