Chapter Eight - The Boy With His Guitar

A black car passed me and overtook a cyclist who was going straight several meters in front of me. I walked along the footpath in a housing estate and looked at the message I got.

Soobin

Wednesday at 6 pm then. :)

We agreed to meet to talk about Sunoo, even though I haven't told him about that yet. Apart from Kai, I didn't receive any relevant information from the others about Sunoo's disappearance. What I did get, however, were new questions that I could then ask Soobin.

What were they arguing about six months ago? Was it something to do with the fact that they all wanted to leave together? I looked at the footpath and frowned. Why does it all have to be so complicated?

Suddenly, I heard a loud crash and I looked up, startled. The cyclist who had just been riding quickly along the road was now lying hunched over on the ground next to his bike. His bike was overturned in front of him, one of the wheels spinning even more and his handlebars totally displaced.

The boy turned around so that his back was on the floor and covered his face with his left arm. His left leg was casually bent and his chest was rising and falling rapidly. The guy was lying there now and made no effort to get up again in the near future.

Perplexed, I started walking towards him, not even looking left or right as I crossed the road, as the black car was the only one driving on the road anyway.

"Are you all right?" I asked him when I reached the boy.

There was a slight panic in my eyes and I didn't know what to do in this situation.

But instead of getting an answer, I only heard him laugh out loud. His arm covered half his face, but I could see several abrasions on his face, all bleeding heavily. I looked at the scene of the accident, the bicycle which had one wheel still spinning slightly, and the injured man who, apart from the abrasions to his face and hands, had probably suffered no other damage.

His loud laughter had a hint of pain and irony in it. He was probably laughing because of the great luck he had. In his place, I would have probably laughed too, though not so loudly and hysterically.

"Hey, are you okay? You're bleeding." I stammered again.

He tried to control his laughter and sighed, "Nothing is okay at all."

I eyed the injured man again.

"How- how about you stand up for now?"

"I don't need your help." He smiled cynically.

"You'd better clean your wounds or something." I tried again.

The boy took his arm from his face and turned to the side to prop himself up with both arms and scramble up.

Meanwhile, he groaned, "I said I didn't need your help." and then stood upright in front of me.

He was a head taller than me and had a black wolf cut with blond highlights. His face was very handsome despite all the abrasions and blood.

"You'd better watch your driving." I argued. He abruptly grabbed my bandaged hand and held it in front of my face.

"That's what the right one says."

"You have no idea."

"Neither do you." He hissed, releasing my hand with force. He turned away from me and walked to his bike. He grabbed it by the handlebars and pulled the bike up. I watched him bend the handlebars of his bike straight again with force, trying not to tear it off completely.