Chapter Eleven - Beyond the dullness

We were soaking wet in his car and had dried our clothes a bit with some towels Yeonjun had taken out of his boot.

"You really have everything in your boot: towels, expired first aid kits. No spare clothes, unfortunately." We both started laughing.

"I don't usually go swimming with my clothes either." He objected, continuing to laugh at the situation.

I watched him as I imagined him turning to me and kissing me and his hand was against my cheek and his lips were merging with mine and his other hand was slowly moving to my other cheek and he was kissing me even more soulfully and tenderly than before and we were both caught in an uninterrupted rhythm that would never stop.

I stopped thinking about it and looked ahead with a jerk. Yeonjun started the engine, grinning that sardonic grin again.

"You just can't leave it alone, can you?" I squinted my eyes and tried to shake off the embarrassment.

"God in heaven, put me out of my misery." I spoke playfully to the night sky and Yeonjun laughed out loud.

"I didn't know you were religious."

"I'm not. I just need faith to give me hope so I can get through these embarrassing moments."

"You're really honest with your thought processes." He remarked delightedly. I tried to be as honest as I could.

It was almost midnight, the streetlights lit our way and I was thinking hard about how to get myself to talk.

"Are your pants still wet?"

"Yes, very." He said with a smile. I looked back up at God.

"Well, if you want I can give you some dry clothes."

"I don't think I can fit into your clothes."

"They're Sunoo's old stuff."

"Oh. I see." Was all he added. We said nothing more after that.

...............................................................

I unlocked the door to my flat and quickly walked through. Yeonjun followed me slowly and calmly, looking around.

"Wait here, I'll get the clothes while you wait." I just said and quickly disappeared into my bedroom.

I opened the wardrobe and rummaged around on the top shelf for Sunoo's clothes.

When I found them, I brought them down to me and tucked them under my arm. I went back towards the living room, but first I looked in my bathroom, which was open.

Directly opposite the bathroom door was the washbasin, so I could easily look in the mirror. The open packet of dark blue hair dye was still lying around on the sink and on closer inspection I noticed how untidy the bathroom was. I quickly closed the bathroom door and went back to Yeonjun.

"Here." I handed Yeonjun the items and he accepted them with one hand.

"Thank you." He said with a sigh.

"Where can I change?" I pointed a little absentmindedly to the left towards my bedroom, not knowing where to look. I fervently hoped that he didn't open the bathroom door.

"Your flat is really... dull." Yeonjun called out to me from my bedroom. I continued to stand awkwardly around the living room, looking over at the locked bedroom door.

"Your car is dull."

"It's just a car."

"And it's just a flat." I countered weakly. I heard the clock ticking and it felt like he'd been busy changing clothes forever. Maybe he is a pervert after all and is looking at my wardrobe right now.