Chapter Thirty Five - Afraid Of The Truth

The car ride to my apartment was awkwardly quiet. I still couldn't decipher how the mood should be like. Should I feel concerned about our relationship towards each other now that Yeonjun knows about my feelings for Soobin or should I feel relieved because he understood and wasn't mad at me?

I had my arm between my head and the side window next to me, using it as a pillow. It wasn't quite comfortable, but way better than standing outside in the rain whilst all my problems are drenching my clothes and body.

Yeonjun had stored my bike in the back of his car and I was surprised that there was enough room for it to even fit inside. After this, there was literally no excuse for Yeonjun to have been able to bring me home, despite the fact that I didn't want to end up being alone with him in a car because of the secrets that I carry since I've met him.

My soaking wet clothes stained the seat with water and the same happened to the driver's seat. It wasn't the first time that we sat in his car with soggy clothes. The only difference was that he didn't bother to put towels beneath either of us. I think that the seats getting wet was his least problem at the moment.

Hesitantly, I turned my head slightly to get a glimpse of him. His elbow rested casually on the car door whilst his right hand was gripping the steering wheel. His gaze was fixed at the road, an expression of seriousness, unease and concern. Yeonjun's appearance reminded me of the day I saw him for the first time, in the café where I work now.

I listened to the windscreen wiper wiping away the raindrops on the windscreen. From left to right and right to left, the sound repeated itself in the constant rhythm. It was kind of comforting and it made the awkward silence less awkward.

Yeonjun lifted his left hand up to his lips and wiped his index finger over it while still looking forward. Even in a situation like this, I couldn't stop admiring Yeonjun's attractiveness. The rings on his thumb and middle finger and the bracelet around his wrist weren't making that feeling any less fierce.

When we arrived in front of the building where my apartment was located, Yeonjun got out of the car and followed me to the entrance door. I first thought he would only help me bring my bike back into the basement, but his actions told me that he wanted to bring me to my apartment first.

I kept thinking that the moment I would unlock my door, Yeonjun would say goodbye and go downstairs again. And it was weird, because he still had my bike stored in his car, but he didn't say a word about it.

My feet stopped walking when I stood in front of my apartment door, unlocking it with cold fingers. The door opened and I was prepared for Yeonjun saying his quick goodbye, but he followed me inside without a word like a shadow of mine. He even closed the door behind him.

I turned around to him and nervously toyed with my fingers. Now standing in the dry, I got a better look at how soaked Yeonjun actually looked. But according to his body language, he didn't care one bit.

"I think I'm gonna change clothes." I spoke up quietly. It was awkward to say things again after not doing that for such a long time.

Yeonjun only hummed at that in agreement. I stared at him for another few seconds, watching as he busily looked around the living room, before I then hesitantly walked into my bedroom and closed the door.

I was afraid that he would suddenly leave without saying goodbye or letting me know, so I quickly pulled out some comfortable clothes out of my closet and changed. I threw the dirty clothes in the corner of my room and sprinted over inside the bathroom where I combed my hair back, already a few dried hair strands falling in front of my face again.

I reached my hand over to the handle of my bedroom door and prayed that he would still be in the living room. My lungs got filled with air and anxiety, before I opened the door.