Chapter Twenty Six - Such A Group Of Losers

"Eve's here!" He shouted towards me and I blinked, a little startled. My hands nervously clutched the strap of my backpack, needing to keep me from falling over right away. A broad smile made its way onto my face and immediately after, I was dragged into the house by Beomgyu.

"Shit, you're like a block of ice." Beomgyu hissed. So much for not being ridiculous.

I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment, not letting on that I was affected by the cold in any way, and tried to put it away as best I could. But since I couldn't completely control the shivering in my body, my attempt to appear unaffected failed.

From the living room, which was at the end of the hallway, I heard shrill music playing as well as a loud thump as if someone had hastily hit the floor.

"Evie!" Someone shouted from the direction and I only know one person who uses that nickname for me.

Yeonjun rushed out of the living room impatiently and when he saw me, his expression brightened even more than it already was. My outside only answered him with the widest smile I could muster but my inside just exploded like colorful confetti.

His sweet smile brought my excitement to a halt and I felt a fierce relief as if my body hadn't been sure he would really be there. Yeonjun laughed and looked amused at my face.

"You look like a tomato." He informed me, my expression making my embarrassment apparent.

I pressed my hand against my cheek but could not feel any coldness making its way onto my face. One could tell how embarrassed I was and I hoped it wasn't too noticeable and Yeonjun was just exaggerating.

He came towards me with another laugh and put both his hands to my cheeks and caressed them tenderly. They were warm.

"Why are you so cute?" He laughed delightedly, my puzzled gaze looking into his face.

"I guess I'm just decoration here, huh?" Beomgyu commented from the side but Yeonjun didn't respond to him and I even more couldn't.

Beomgyu walked back into the living room annoyed, leaving the two of us alone, Yeonjun continuing to smile at me and looking at me intently.

"You missed me, didn't you?" I nodded dazedly. His smile widened in delight at my answer and he released his hands from my face in response.

As I entered the living room, three pairs of eyes turned to me and smiled happily at me. Taehyun greeted me with a chirpy hand gesture and Kai, who was sitting on the floor, welcomed me with a "What's up, Eve?", grinning nonchalantly.

Soobin, who was sitting on the floor right next to me, smiled sincerely at me and I thought I could see some longing in his eyes.

Yeonjun sauntered over to the sofa and threw himself on it, half riveting Beomgyu in the process. He laughed in amusement and Beomgyu just punched him in the arm and mumbled some words that no one understood but him. A little less heatedly, I then sat down next to Yeonjun on the sofa and put my backpack down.

"Can't you turn on something else, Beomgyu? Your music is blasting right into my ears." Kai complained, who was sitting right in front of the speakers and had to fight off the loud music irritably with his hands.

"Why don't you go sit somewhere else and stop crying?"

"What's the point of sitting somewhere else if I still have to listen to your stupid music? Put on something that everyone wants to hear."

Beomgyu was visibly offended by what Kai said about his taste in music and it seemed like everyone was already guessing how this was going to end.

"Hey. Just because you don't know anything about music doesn't mean you have to call my taste in music stupid!" Beomgyu hissed over to Kai, who was now also visibly annoyed by Beomgyu's stubbornness.