Chapter Ten - Beyond This Ongoing Questioning

It was 6:50 pm and I was standing outside my front door in the dark. After I got to Beomgyu, he took me to a bus stop nearby and I took a bus home. After thinking about it for a while, I decided not to change and just come as I looked now.

I mean it was just a normal date with a person who has such soft lips that I would like to touch them to see if they felt the same as they looked.

When I got home I changed my clothes because my head was full of him and it made me nervous. And my nervousness made me put on a black summer dress, even though I was uncomfortable in dresses and I wondered why I even owned dresses at all.

I tugged at the skirt of my dress and didn't know how to stand because again I hadn't thought to bring a bag or anything.

It was 7:05 pm and I thought about going upstairs again and putting on something else. I also thought about going to the toilet again and taking a bag, even though I didn't have anything to put in it. I made a list of things I could do if I made another quick dash upstairs, but this list was never completed because at that moment a familiar car parked in front of me.

Yeonjun got out of his car, turned around and propped himself up on its roof.

"Hey, sleepyhead."

"You're late." I said to hide my nervousness. He looked around a little thoughtfully and then said "You're right, but I don't gawk at pretty people for that."

"Did you just call yourself 'pretty'?" I asked and a small smile formed on his face.

"Yes I did and now get in the car, Evie." 'Evie', that's a new one.

I didn't dare walk to his car out of fear of accidentally tripping as my legs felt like jello and I had forgotten how to behave around other people.

After I had got myself sorted out, I went to the passenger door and pulled it open with all my strength, because to my horror I found out that my hands felt like jelly just like my legs did.

I crawled into the passenger seat of his car and tried to pull the fabric of my dress over my knees. Yeonjun also got into his car and started the engine.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." Of course he was going to say that.

I looked out the window and at the streetlights that looked like stars only very close.

"Don't fall through the window." Yeonjun said suddenly and I quickly sat back in the seat.

"What have you been up to today?" He asked me, looking further down the road.

"I went to Taehyun's and met Soobin."

"Soobin!" He cheered with a grin.

"And when I went home I met Beomgyu."

"By chance?" I nodded.

"I didn't know it was Beomgyu at first but when you called he heard me say your name."

"Hmm." He just said. Then there was silence for a short while.

"And what did he say about Sunoo?"

"How did you know-"

"Come on I know you run up to everyone and slay them with questions. You're not as inscrutable as you think you are." He interrupted me.

"Is that so?" I asked him, looking over at him. Yeonjun looked over at me the same way and grinned at me. My heart fluttered.

It was already dark and the moon hung directly overhead, shining down brilliantly.

"So, we're here." Yeonjun announced and I looked through the windscreen in confusion.