Chapter Thirteen - The Boy With Acceptance

I listened attentively to Soobin and went through the things he told me again. The more I listened, the less I understood Sunoo. I had known him long enough to form my own impressions of him and now I was hearing things from him that turned my whole view of him upside down.

My thoughts were jumbled in my head and I was trying to merge the Sunoo I knew, with the Sunoo I had been hearing about for the last few days. I couldn't tell if I expected something like that from him or if the Sunoo from a month ago was the same as the one I never got to meet. I frowned and stared at the cold fries in front of me.

"Are you okay?" Soobin asked me, my thoughts hissing around in my head again like little sparrows. Soobin watched me with a worried face and twitched his right hand, apparently trying to take mine.

"Can you possibly comprehend why he did that?" He then asked me, and I was still trying to figure out Sunoo.

"I thought quite differently of it, but that doesn't change a thing." Was all I said, leaving Soobin to puzzle on.

"Didn't he ever tell you what happened?"

"He never mentioned you." I replied quickly.

"Oh."Soobin looked down at his drink. It went silent for a short while and I thought about how to explain it better.

"When Sunoo had already disappeared for a week, I went to his house to get my things that I had left with him. Then I found this bracelet in his room." I carefully placed Sunoo's bracelet, which I had kept locked in my hands all this time, on the table. Soobin looked down at the table and examined the friendship bracelet.

"I had never seen it before and that day it was just lying on his bed as if I was supposed to find it." Soobin continued to stare at the bracelet, not moving a muscle. I watched him, waiting for a reaction, but there didn't come one. Uncertainly, I continued my explanation.

"I took it secretly. Why, I don't know." My gaze quickly moved to the bracelet.

"Unlike you, I had absolutely no idea why he just left like that-"

"Neither did we. I didn't know why he just left without us. We were all going to leave together." Soobin looked distantly at the table. My chest stabbed through my heart and I tried to get rid of the sickening feeling.

"What was he like?"Soobin then asked me the question.

"At first he was reserved just like me. Our parents pushed us to talk to each other and as we got to know each other better, we found a lot of common ground. Sunoo is good at socializing easily when he opens up." Soobin smiled a little now and was lost in his own thoughts.

"When you get to know him better you realize how determined he is. He's very sensitive and actually takes everything directly personally." I had to laugh and thought of Sunoo. Soobin also laughed a little again, apparently understanding what I meant.

"And his room is always morbidly tidy." Soobin laughed out loud.

"Yes, and he always makes sure everything is in order even when his friends are with him." I nodded eagerly and smiled.

"I thought I was the only one he did that to. He really made me wonder if I was actually that messy or if he was just exaggerating."

"Exactly! Then I always made sure not to do anything messy so he wouldn't have to get up every second. It was really annoying after a while."

We exchanged more things we had experienced with Sunoo and were always amazed how many similarities these moments had with each other and how we always thought the same in these situations.