Chapter 17

We heard the door open and Nashes parents and Hayes and Skylynn came in.
"Hello Mia." His Mom said smiling at me.
"Nash you didn't tell me Mia was coming over." She said looking at Nash. "The house doesn't look as nice as it usually does." She said looking around.
"It looks just fine. Mrs.Grier." I said
She smiled.
"Well she sure is polite. She's definitely a keeper." Nashes Dad said slapping Nash on the back. I tried not to blush but I could tell my face was probably getting red.
"Wow your face is as red as a tomatoe."Hayes said laughing.
"Shut up." I said laughing.
"Hey." I looked down to see Skylynn tugging at the end of my shirt.
"Hey Sky." I said looking down at her.
"Do you like horses?" She asked me.
"Oh of course." I said. "Do you?"
"Yes I looooove them." She said enthusiastically.
"Do you really? well do you wanna see something." I said taking my phone out of my pocket.
I pulled up a picture of a horse I used to have before me and Lillian and Harvey moved to North Carolina.
It was a thoroughbred Brown horse with a big white spot on its side.
"Woah that one's pretty." She said. "Is that your horse?"
"Well it used to be before I moved here."
"I have horses too." She said. "Do you wanna see them." She said grabbing my hand.
"I'd love too." I said.
"Hold up little miss." Her Mom said coming towards her. "You need a nap first." She said picking her up.
"Awww man." She moaned. "Bye Mia." She waved.
"Bye." I waved back to her.
"Your really good with Sky." Nash said smiling. "I think she really likes you."
"Well I hope so." I said.
He smiled "she's not the only one."