Chapter 1: The Savior

"I came at the time of the midnight feeding?" Scarlett announced her presence, sauntering towards Marcel when she saw the party going on from the ground below

"Indeed you did." Marcel agreed with a cheeky grin, turning to his best friend. "Scarlett, I want you to meet-"

"Klaus Mikaelson." The blonde man finished the introduction for Marcel, holding up his hand for her to shake.

She glanced down at the hand suspiciously before hesitantly shaking his hand while she kept up her tough facade. "The Original hybrid?"

"In the flesh." Klaus confirmed proudly before leaning down and pressing his lips to the back of her hand gently.

Scarlett didn't know how to react to their interaction. She heard the stories from Marcel about the ruthless hybrid and she knew to be cautious of him. She wasn't frightened at all, in fact, she was flustered by his charming, good looks, but brushed off the gesture.

She quickly yanked her hand out of Klaus' grasp, wanting to get things over with and she looked to the two men, forcing a polite smile. "Well, I'm gonna go get a snack. It was nice to meet you, Klaus."

Before Klaus could give a witty remark, she walked away from them without Klaus' gaze moving from Scarlett. Marcel turned his head towards his friend to continue their prior conversation when he noticed Klaus staring like a love sick puppy.

Marcel let out a dry chuckle in disbelief and lightly patted the hybrid on the shoulder. "No way, Klaus. That woman is a maneater. She'd rip you to shreds. You think you're the tough guy but, she'd kill you with a flick of her wrist."

"She's a witch?" Klaus guessed from Marcel's words, watching Scarlett over the balcony.

"Yup. But with a twist." Marcel replied ominously, holding up his pointer finger to Klaus to tell him to wait.

Klaus looked at him, confused by what he meant before directing his eyes towards where Marcel was looking.

Scarlett stood in the crowd of the party, waiting to seek her prey when she gripped onto one of the screaming humans, placing her head in the crook of their neck. Her fangs popped out of her gums when she sensed the blood that pulsed through their body and she dug her fangs into the human's neck.

She savoured the taste of the crimson liquid that touched her taste buds while she remained a tight grip on her meal. Once her hunger was satisfied, she carelessly tossed the body of the now dead person onto the ground. She figured someone else would clean up her mess.

"A vampire." Klaus whispered under his breath in realization, his eyes widening. "How is that possible?"

"Have you ever heard the tales of the Scarlett Witch?" Marcel wondered, placing his hands onto the railing of the balcony.

"Yes, from my mother." Klaus answered with a firm nod, interested in what Marcel had to say next.

"Well..." The vampire began in a low tone. "Witches are servants of nature which means they can't become vampires because of specific rules, but she's not just any ordinary witch."